(Spoilers) The thread where CALIFORNIA LOOOOVE~!

Plubby

I thought Boston was the 1-seed, my bad.

They've not gone backwards at all. That's stupid. The competition got harder, which you're not taking into account.

Plubby, no, they really, really have. The offense has gone to hell, the defense was already there, Bernier and Reimer are starting to flag and it matters when you win a game because it means where you could have beaten a team cleanly and moved two points ahead or two closer, you only move one ahead or one closer. Which matters.

Also, after 44 games played, last year we had 52 points and the year before had 49. This year? Only 47, with an ostensibly improved team.

Randy has to go.

Well if you're all convinced. I don't think the better option is out there right now though.

On a funnier note, I've heard from a couple of places that Hockey Canada's Olympic announcement ceremony was so long that Connor McDavid nearly made the team. I lol'd anyway.

I thought Boston was the 1-seed, my bad.

They've not gone backwards at all. That's stupid. The competition got harder, which you're not taking into account.

Plubby, no, they really, really have. The offense has gone to hell, the defense was already there, Bernier and Reimer are starting to flag and it matters when you win a game because it means where you could have beaten a team cleanly and moved two points ahead or two closer, you only move one ahead or one closer. Which matters.

Also, after 44 games played, last year we had 52 points and the year before had 49. This year? Only 47, with an ostensibly improved team.

Randy has to go.

Basically this. And let Reimer play, for crying out loud. he got us into the playoffs last year, give him a chance.

Well if you're all convinced. I don't think the better option is out there right now though.

On a funnier note, I've heard from a couple of places that Hockey Canada's Olympic announcement ceremony was so long that Connor McDavid nearly made the team. I lol'd anyway.

I think the ceremony started around 8am. The announcement of the players? Around 9:30. It was such a pain.

Gretzky. he can't be any worse, and maybe the players would actually respect our coach then.

The first person he passes in the hall. An interim coach would be better than this. He's doing long term damage.

Also this.

I will coach the Leafs!

Gretzky. he can't be any worse, and maybe the players would actually respect our coach then.

The first person he passes in the hall. An interim coach would be better than this. He's doing long term damage.

Also this.

I will coach the Leafs!

Gretzky didn't work in ARIZONA of all places on Earth, where the players didn't have to worry about the media hype train that'd follow. Why would it work in Toronto, Media Hype Train Central?

Also, with regards to "anyone will do". No it won't. It's become CLEAR that not just anyone will do, as you guys (representing the Toronto fanbase collective) ran one of the winningest coaches of all time out of town. And now you're running a Stanley Cup winner out of town. If these two guys can't hack it, Wayne Gretzky can't cut it. And Joe Q. Janitor sure as shit can't cut it. You can't fire the coach because you're cranky and you want to throw the toys out of the pram. You need to have a solution, with a reason why it will work. Not a reason why the old one didn't work (ie New Coach will work because he's not Carlyle!). I don't think Carlyle is the right coach for Toronto, but frankly given that the Leafs let Dallas Eakins go (who IS a good coach, it's just that the Oilers are bad) there isn't a better alternative. You may be unhappy with the 7th-10th spot that Carlyle will get you, but firing Carlyle now won't make that better.

• Like 2

Different coaches will succeed in different situations. Some people wilt from the pressure of Toronto, some people thrive. Considering the extenuating circumstances in Phoenix, Gretzky did well enough to warrant another look, where his only job will be coaching. Maybe he's not the answer, but Carlyle absolutely isn't the answer. We need a coach who gets the best out of his players, and its abundantly clear Carlyle isn't getting that out of this group of guys. There is no benefit to letting him play out the string, for better or worse this is the roster, and will be for a long time to come. Considering how he's alienated guys like Grabbo and everyone Ruki mentioned there is no benefit to letting him finish the season. Take a stab with somebody else, it can't get much worse, and should get at least a little better.

Our players are tuning him out...so he has no reason to be here. He benched Jake Gardnier, he is #2 on our defensive ice-time. Literally anyone else would be better. I don't care if an assistant coach has to take over for the rest of the year....Carlyle isn't getting it done and needs to go.

I like the Leafs so I really hope that you're right and i'm wrong, but that is the exact tune the Oilers played and that lead to their young players getting...how many coaches in three years? Was it three, one per year? I really think that you need to have the right coach in there to replace Carlyle, and that just anyone will not do.

Need to get rid of both of them....Colton Orr played 33 seconds in the first period. Why even have a fourth line?! Screw fighters...put someone in there who is defensively responsible.

Also? Now officially out of the playoff spot. Things are gonna have to turn around, and quick.

I like having one 'enforcer' so long as he can play at least a little. Bordeleau is no scrub - he's only marginally better than "no scrub" but still...prefer having a 3/10 defender and 8 or 9/10 fighter than the other way around on the fourth line.

While the Leafs are terrible, and things are only going to get worse...at least we aren't the Flames.

The Flames have been shutout in 5 of their last 7 games.....They have scored 5 goals in the last 2 weeks....Tavares & Skinner each have 7