(Spoilers) The thread where CALIFORNIA LOOOOVE~!

Plubby

Spezza apparently told Sens management at his end of year meeting he wouldn't object to them finding him a trade. He's never played anywhere else and only has one year left on his current contract. He probably doesn't want to be the new Alfredsson of a team that seemed to stall in their growth this year. Moving him now makes sense for Ottawa as the return only diminishes the closer he gets to expiry.

Watched the Rangers/Pens with my mom tonight and it got a little dusty for MSL's goal...

The Phaneuf rumour seems to be exclusively from Sportsnet via Kypreos - the same place that cooked up a completely untrue story about Mike Babcock being in the running for the coaching job in Toronto a week ago. Bob McKenzie confirmed the Spezza rumour with more details but didn't breathe a word about any Phaneuf trade. That's probably telling.

The only thing that really leans in the favour of a trade happening is that Phaneuf has a NTC which kicks in after the summer. This is the window if they want to move him without having to tailor a trade to his wishes.

• Like 1

I know a lot of people hate on Dion, but trading him isn't the right answer. He is the only legit top pairing D-man that we have, and our defense will suffer without him. What we need is to get some reliable defenders to bring his minutes down.

• Like 1

Agreed, I think they're better off trading someone else to try and get a top-flight partner for Phaneuf than getting rid of him. They wanted Scuderi last year but couldn't get him. Nonis didn't sound all that high on the free agent market this year when he was interviewed a few days ago.

Montreal taking Boston to 7....this could get interesting.

Even though I'm a leafs fan and hate both teams, I saw Montreal taking Boston to it's brink this series. Even won some money on a few of their victories at good + odds.

Loving this series to say the least, too bad I don't think the Rangers or Pens (nothing against either team) can handle whoever comes out of the atlantic division on top in the playoffs.

Fuck, I am so not looking forward to game seven. At this point, I'm 50/50 on the Pens winning this, but I can't believe it got to this point, when Pittsburgh was looking excellent in their three wins. But forward to now, Crosby still hasn't come through, Fleury let in some soft ones despite making big saves, the power play has been horrible, and the lack of effort in the past two games has been scary. The Rangers got all the momentum, Lundqvist is excellent in game 7's, and New York seemes hungrier. I'm pulling for Pittsburgh, but they really need to start off hot tomorrow night.

It's a shame if Pittsburgh has another meltdown in the playoffs, but at least it seems the ownership has finally got fed up with it, and from what I've been reading, if Pittsburgh loses to NY, or end their season in another humiliating fashion, some big changes are coming.

I also agree with Cole, whoever wins the Metro division is a huge underdog against Boston or Montreal. The winner of Boston/Montreal is playing for the cup, imo.

• Like 1

I know it's cliché to say this, but if Pittsburgh can score more goals than New York in their next game, they can very likely win that game.

This is a critical game though. If you look back, 100% of the teams that have won game 7 have gone on to the next round, so there is no understating how valuable a win in this game could be.

• Like 4