(Spoilers) The thread where CALIFORNIA LOOOOVE~!

Plubby

So is it likely that they're not firing Bylsma yet just because they don't have a definite replacement in mind yet, or they're waiting for teams like Washington and Carolina to get new coaches before firing Bylsma and have him be hired by one of them?

Other than the lack of forwards, but I think Shero signing Scuderi is probably one of the bigger mistakes he's made. I think it's a four year deal, for a guy who's aging, while Pittsburgh has a bunch of solid young defensemen waiting in the wings. The Letang deal is also going to haunt them in the long run. I think he can be a great player, but Pittsburgh could have used the cap space to keep guys like Niskanen and Jokinen in the off season. Hell, Sutter might be gone too. Imagine the king's ransom they could have gotten for Letang last year.

TJ Oshie wants to be the coverboy for Madden 15.

• Like 1

Now we get to live in a world where Habs fans talk about what could have happened if Price played.

We have a hard time against backup / rookie goalies. For Habs, maybe it's for the best?

Honestly, this whole Price injury is terrible. Montreal has done a great job the entire Playoffs and maybe even stood a chance against the Rangers with him in net, but just an awful turn of events. I was hoping for a solid few games of hockey out of the two teams, but looks like that won't be the case.

• Like 1

Honestly, this whole Price injury is terrible. Montreal has done a great job the entire Playoffs and maybe even stood a chance against the Rangers with him in net, but just an awful turn of events. I was hoping for a solid few games of hockey out of the two teams, but looks like that won't be the case.

Yeah it started off good but then as soon as Nash scored that weak-ish goal that went off Tokarski I knew it was over. Am I the only one who assumed it was going to be Budaj as the backup as he was most of the year, no?

Without actually saying it to the media, the coach pretty much let everyone know it was going to be Toka. Gusty move, but he was having a great year. I'm not sure which direction they go for the next game. Confidence is big for a goalie, and Montreal might have taken away any confidence Budaj had by playing Toka over him. Tossing him out there next game then creates another problem if they have to go back to Toka. It's just a bad situation and could have been avoided by going with Budaj for Game 2.

On the other hand, If Toka stood on his head, they look like a genius for starting him.

It's still far from over, Rangers have a habit of making every backup goalie look like a star. Just ask Washington, I think we're the reason every goalie there is projected to be a top 3 goalie in the league...

Edited by TGWL
  • Like 1

The idea behind playing Tokarski instead is that he's a projected number one that had a good year. Peter Budaj is a backup goalie that gets hot sometimes. Therrien and the team felt like they have a better chance playing a number one who maybe isn't NHL ready, than playing a solid number two.

While it's a risky move, Tokarski wasn't the reason they lost the game, and he should be the guy for game 3.

• Like 1

The idea behind playing Tokarski instead is that he's a projected number one that had a good year. Peter Budaj is a backup goalie that gets hot sometimes. Therrien and the team felt like they have a better chance playing a number one who maybe isn't NHL ready, than playing a solid number two.

While it's a risky move, Tokarski wasn't the reason they lost the game, and he should be the guy for game 3.

Boods is great. Whattaguy. Also what you need in the playoffs is for your goalie to get hot.

ALL ABOARD THE BETER PUDAJ TRAIN!