(Spoilers) The thread where CALIFORNIA LOOOOVE~!

Plubby

I'm kinda curious about what happens with Tokarski now. Montreal has their guy in Price and a prospect coming up in Fucale, so they could deal him and get a pretty good return.

I wouldn't mind Pittsburgh looking at him as a back up for Fleury. No idea on what they'll give up for him, though.

Personally, I'd like NY to win the cup just because Chicago and LA won the last two years, but I really think they got a slim chance shot against whoever wins in the West. Shame all we're going to hear about is how NY only won because Price got taken out.

I'm kinda curious about what happens with Tokarski now. Montreal has their guy in Price and a prospect coming up in Fucale, so they could deal him and get a pretty good return.

I don't think his return will be that good, not yet. He's still an undersized goalie, who played really well. I think they hang onto him as a backup goalie for next year, He'll be 25 by the time next season starts, right? I don't see more than a 3rd being offered right now, unless a team thinks he's going to be their starter next year. Unless you're an elite goalie, the goalie market is not going for what I thought it would. Very little.

So, what a game last night. I had it on my TV, with Payback on the laptop, so I was kind of half-watching both. But that overtime period was intense. Great series by the Kings and Hawks.

I would say that the Kings are a shoe-in for the Cup, but NYR has proven their doubters wrong all playoffs so far, so I don't want to jinx it.

I think it's pretty much LA's to lose. Unless Quick plays horribly, I see LA finishing it in five, maybe six. The Rangers are a good team, and Lundqvist will steal a game or two, but I just think LA is the better team. I would have given NY a better shot against Chicago, just because Crawford can be incredibly average at times.

Holy crap, Pierre McGuire has apparently been interviewed twice by the Penguins ownership regarding the GM position, with one of them happening this past weekend.......................... :wacko: Surely, there's no chance.............................

• Like 2

I'm from LA and I've been a fan of the Kings since the 90s, but I'm totally a casual fan of hockey.

Pretty sure that's the basis of LA hockey fans, but it's given them considerable success since Gretzky gave credibility to the Kings in the early 90's. A good ESPN 30 for 30 doc on his trade from Edmonton was "Kings Ransom", it was directed by Peter Berg and was the first in the series of great sports documentaries. Talks about how instrumental Wayne was to the growth of hockey in the state of California.

• Like 1

So I know a reporter for our local Business newspaper who's going to moderating a panel right before the draft featuring Gary Bettman, Paul Holmgren, and some other hockey execs. I have the opportunity to submit a question which may or may not be asked at that panel.

If you could ask Gary Bettman one question (besides, "Why are you the spawn of Satan?") what would it be? I'm racking my brain and all I can think of is stuff about the effects of fighting in hockey and if he could ever see it being totally taken out of the game.

Hasn't he said he'd like to see fighting done with? I'm pretty sure he said it at some point last season, either when the Flyers/Capitals thing went down, or the Boston/Pittsburgh game where Orpik got taken out.

So I know a reporter for our local Business newspaper who's going to moderating a panel right before the draft featuring Gary Bettman, Paul Holmgren, and some other hockey execs. I have the opportunity to submit a question which may or may not be asked at that panel.

If you could ask Gary Bettman one question (besides, "Why are you the spawn of Satan?") what would it be? I'm racking my brain and all I can think of is stuff about the effects of fighting in hockey and if he could ever see it being totally taken out of the game.

"Why do you hate Canada?"

• Like 3

"Why do you hate Canada?"

Horrible maple syrup allergy.

• Like 1