(Spoilers) The thread where CALIFORNIA LOOOOVE~!

Plubby

Sam Bennett had no problem scoring goals or showing his gritty side this past season with the Ontario Hockey League’s Kingston Frontenacs. The same can’t be said for one element of fitness testing at the NHL Scouting Combine in Toronto.
According to a report from The Canadian Press, the 17-year-old Bennett, who had 91 points in 57 regular season games for Kingston and is the top-ranked North American skater heading into the June NHL Draft, couldn’t do a single pull-up during Saturday’s fitness testing.
“I was definitely disappointed with myself,” Bennett said, as per Canadian Press. “I was wanting to do the best I can in every test. But, I guess, ultimately games aren’t won or lost if you can do a pull-up in the gym.
I find it hard that he couldn't do 1 pull-up. Long shot here, but any chance he threw this to drop down the list and not get drafted by one of the top 3 teams?

To be fair, back when I was in peak physical condition, my senior year of high school, played football, wrestled, worked out all the damn time, I was about 6'1", 225, and I couldn't do a pull-up. I dunno why, to be honest.

Bylsma reportedly interviewing for the Florida Panthers head coaching position

Should be interesting to see what he can do over there if he does get it, but I thought for sure he'd be coaching Vancouver or Carolina.

• Like 1

Unless the Leafs can get into the top 3-4 to draft Bennett, I think I want them to pick up Nick Ritchie at 8 (assuming he's still there).

I figure the draft goes...

1. Ekbald

2. Reinhart

3. Bennett/Draisaitl

4. Bennett/Draisaitl

5. Nylander

6. DalColle

7. Ehlers

Florida and Calgary are both taking offers on their first picks. The Panthers seem to want to win now, so anyone who wants that pick will have to be in rebuilding mode. The Flames are open to moving the fourth pick, but it won't be for what fans of other teams deem to be fair value. If someone really wants to pick at number four, it's going to cost big time, because we have an immediate need to be better, as well as a management staff that is aware that we can't mortgage the future.

The price for the number one pick is probably going to be a lot easier to swallow for teams than the price for the fourth overall pick... because, as I said, for Florida, it's all about winning now with Luongo. They have prospects, and they're gunning for top players to make them a competitor now. If a team has a contract they don't like and aren't going to be contending this year anyways, it makes it a whole lot easier to pull the trigger on that deal.

I don't see Calgary moving the fourth pick for that reason, but I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't Florida kicking off the Entry Draft.

Florida and Calgary are both taking offers on their first picks. The Panthers seem to want to win now, so anyone who wants that pick will have to be in rebuilding mode. The Flames are open to moving the fourth pick, but it won't be for what fans of other teams deem to be fair value. If someone really wants to pick at number four, it's going to cost big time, because we have an immediate need to be better, as well as a management staff that is aware that we can't mortgage the future.

The price for the number one pick is probably going to be a lot easier to swallow for teams than the price for the fourth overall pick... because, as I said, for Florida, it's all about winning now with Luongo. They have prospects, and they're gunning for top players to make them a competitor now. If a team has a contract they don't like and aren't going to be contending this year anyways, it makes it a whole lot easier to pull the trigger on that deal.

I don't see Calgary moving the fourth pick for that reason, but I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't Florida kicking off the Entry Draft.

When was the last time that the first overall was traded though? Will be interesting. And as much as I would love the Leafs to draft 1st overall...I doubt they'll want to pay the price since they are trying to get back into the playoffs.

Although, you know what? I sorta-kinda want the Leafs to tank next season to get McDavid.

When was the last time that the first overall was traded though? Will be interesting. And as much as I would love the Leafs to draft 1st overall...I doubt they'll want to pay the price since they are trying to get back into the playoffs.

Although, you know what? I sorta-kinda want the Leafs to tank next season to get McDavid.

Coincidentally, it was 2003 when Florida traded first overall to Pittsburgh.

The Penguins ended up with Fleury and Dan Carcillo, while Florida got Nathan Horton, Stefan Meyer and Mikael Samuelsson. It was 1st and 73rd from Florida to Pittsburgh for 3rd, 55th and Samuelsson.

I could see that potentially happening again....

1st and a 3rd round pick from Florida to Edmonton for 3rd overall, a 3rd round pick and one of the young forwards from the Oilers. Makes sure that the Oilers get the player they want, Florida doesn't care which of the top four players they pull because there isn't a huge difference in potential, and the Panthers more importantly add an offensive threat to their lineup right away.

The Leafs would probably have to trade the 8th overall pick and either Kadri/Gardiner to get it done, but they could probably throw in Phaneuf instead, get a prospect back and draft Ekblad 1st overall. That wouldn't be overly bad for them, unless they can't replace Phaneuf with a UFA or through trade.

If I'm Nonis though, I'm kicking tires on defensemen to see if I can get someone without giving up any pieces that are part of the plan, ahead of the draft, freeing up any loose ends with Phaneuf (so long as he'd be willing to go to sunny Florida).

talk in this town is that the Canucks are looking to move up.