(Spoilers) The thread where CALIFORNIA LOOOOVE~!

Plubby

Feel bad for Richards in a way. Being severely demoted in two straight playoff runs by different coaches then bought out is pretty humbling. It makes you wonder where he'll land and what the value will be.

Panthers pass on Bylsma, who must increasingly be working on his panelspeak.

Feel bad for Richards in a way. Being severely demoted in two straight playoff runs by different coaches then bought out is pretty humbling. It makes you wonder where he'll land and what the value will be.

Bylsma will get hired eventually, it wouldn't surprise me to see someone dump their coach in the middle of the season and bring him in. The rumor is that Florida just couldn't afford him.

Pens got turned down by the guy who now went to Vancouver, and he was the first choice. Apparently it was due to money, the contract length and him not being able to choose his assistants, this is turning into a mess, no idea on what's going to happen. Out of the names out there, I'm betting they end up with Hynes.

Speaking of...

I'll edit in some more thoughts over the course of my Monday, but for now all i'll say is that MacKinnon better score ALL of the goals if we've passed up on Seth Jones to a team within our own division.

Did he score enough of the goals?

Edit: Shouldn't poke fun when...

They could always try some of them out on the wing. But Gabe has it mostly right. Jones doesn't make them a contender, the best thing they can do is stockpile the most talented players they can. Plus, Stastny, Duchene and O'Reilly are all free agents after 13-14, with Stastny unrestricted. Stastny and O'Reilly won't want big pay cuts, Duchene will want a raise, and it will be very expensive to keep all 3. MacKinnon will be cheap for years. There will be a space for him, especially if he doesn't start until 2014-15.

You really don't think Nathan MacKinnon plays this season?

He probably shouldn't. Cap is king. If they can keep his entry level deal from starting until the 14-15 season, they'll be in great shape up the middle for years with him, Duchene, and one of Stastny and O'Reilly. And with MacKinnon only counting for $925,000 for 3 years, why waste one of those years now, when they won't contend?

I'm stupid.

I saw this and nearly smug-quoted it. Looks like we all pundit real good-like. :shifty:

I will note that so far we are 100% accurate in occasions telling Gabe that what he said was wrong and dumb and dammit, why?!

Bylsma will get hired eventually, it wouldn't surprise me to see someone dump their coach in the middle of the season and bring him in. The rumor is that Florida just couldn't afford him.

Pens got turned down by the guy who now went to Vancouver, and he was the first choice. Apparently it was due to money, the contract length and him not being able to choose his assistants, this is turning into a mess, no idea on what's going to happen. Out of the names out there, I'm betting they end up with Hynes.

Bylsma is out of work...

I don't feel bad for Richards. He just got a gigantic lump sum of cash and is still good enough to cash in on another contract.

:lol: No no, his bank account I certainly don't pity but it was a pretty hard fall-off from being considered one of the elite level players. He's better than going out like Scott Gomez, which is probably what's going to happen.

He was great the first half of last year. I don't think he has the legs to continue that pace all season, and playing him on the point is just bad when the Rangers spend more time in our own zone on the powerplay. That's certainly not saving his legs during the game. He got the short end of the stick because of his contract and how it was negotiated prior to the lockout, but he still put up 51 points and got over 250 shots, and that's on the rangers without playing on the first line. I mean, he did average a lot of time but that's because of playing the point on the power plays.

I definitely see a few teams interested in him. If they can lock him up 3 years / 4 million - that's a pretty darn good deal.

EDIT: Flyers just got a little easier to play against... Well, maybe..

Edited by TGWL

He waived it for Columbus. It seems like a good fit for him to be honest. A smaller market, he can be expected to play as a grinder/agitator/solid player and not a 30 goals scorer.

EDIT: Markov just signed an extension. 5.7 per / 3 years.

Edited by TGWL

Well, the Jackets/Penguins rivalry just got more interesting. I wonder if Hartnell wanted out of Philly, didn't have a no trade clause in his deal?

He did. If you're a veteran and Holmgren extended your contract, you most likely have a no-trade clause.

The hot rumor is that the Flyers pretty much told him that there wasn't a good fit for him on the roster anymore, and he waived it. It's kind of a shame because, as frustrating as Hartnell could be sometimes, off-ice he was pretty universally loved around here.