(Spoilers) The thread where CALIFORNIA LOOOOVE~!

Plubby

Thinking the Kings take the game tonight, and the series. Though I wouldn't be surprised at all if Rangers won one game on the road, and possibly even one at home to push it to 5 or 6.

Don't see it going to seven to be honest, didn't with either winner of the west before it finished regardless of series lengths' and length of layoff in between rounds.

Aaand it's McGuire to Pittsburgh after all.

Made you look, Hewey. It's Rutherford.

Good thing I just saw the news before I got on the thread, or you would have given me a heart attack. Though, I wouldn't mind Pierre as some kind of scout or something in that field. He knows the minors/juniors better than anyone, and it would keep him off TV. Now we just gotta wait to see what they do with Bylsma. I got a feeling he's staying, unless he really lost the room this season, or Malkin/Crosby.

As for Rutherford, I've seen some people complaining because Carolina hasn't done much in years, but I am glad they brought in someone from outside the organization. Best of luck to him, hopefully he can get some depth back on the bottom six, or at least someone to watch out for Crosby.

• Like 1

Do you have any problem going and grabbing a Rutherford to replace a Shero...who just fleeced THAT SAME JIM RUTHERFORD twice?

On that part, yes. Shero wasn't a bad GM by any means, except when it came to drafting and making some bad signings/not keeping some players. I thought the ax would have fallen on Bylsma this year instead of Shero, to be honest.

As for Rutherford, I really thought they were going to get someone a little younger, or someone who would have been a first time GM, but I'm willing to give it a shot. I'm interested in seeing what he'll do with some of the free agents coming up, or what he'll do with Letang. Honestly, right now I'm just glad they didn't get Pierre for the job. :P

Do you have any problem going and grabbing a Rutherford to replace a Shero...who just fleeced THAT SAME JIM RUTHERFORD twice?

Which two trades? Staal and...

Also...that didn't take long....Bylsma is let go.

Which two trades? Staal and...

Also...that didn't take long....Bylsma is let go.

Jokinen? With Carolina paying for part of his salary? I also don't think the Staal deal was bad. Plenty of Pens fans will admit to missing Staal the last two years. Sutter has been good, but non existent at times.

As for Bylsma, had to happen. He seems like a great person, but this team hasn't gone anywhere since winning the cup. He'll be hired by someone soon, especially with his regular season record.

No idea on who they'll hire as the new coach, though.

• Like 1

If Dan doesn't get hired by the other teams remaining, he could end up somewhere during the middle of the season as a replacement when someone gets fired, maybe he'll go to Toronto, take you guys to the playoffs, and win the cup. :pervert:

Now that I've read more on Rutherford, and watched the press conference, it seems like he's just there to groom someone for the position of GM. He knows it'll be a two/three year thing at most, and then someone else will take over for him. I do think Bylsma got treated pretty badly in the whole thing, though. I know they didn't want him possibly going to Washington, but they should have fired him when they fired Shero instead of saying the new GM was going to evaluate him, since Rutherford pretty much said ownership wanted Bylsma gone and he didn't really get to evaluate him.

• Like 1

Yeah that was quite the game two as well, another massive comeback. Rangers are done unfortunately.

I made a cool $235 though, having bet in-play after the second that Kings would cover +1.5, game would go overtime, and I also bet kings to win. Three separate plays, split between about $50. I can post the receipts but I'm lazy right now.

That was a heartbreaking loss. I'd rather them lose the game 4-1 than double overtime like that. What sucks is this series could easily be 2-0 the other way, or 1-1.

I'm not happy about some of those goals. Not to make excuses, but it's a painful loss when,

1st goal - Lundqvist skates are pretty much kicked out and has no way of getting back.

3rd goal - Should not have been allowed. Definitely prevented Lundqvist from making the save.

4th goal - blown icing call.

Double overtime winner - Missed delay of game penalty, then the Kings come down and score the winner...

Pretty much do or die tonight. Poor team is simply over powered. Seems like the Kings have to just bump them to knock them off the puck.

Edited by TGWL

Sam Bennett had no problem scoring goals or showing his gritty side this past season with the Ontario Hockey League’s Kingston Frontenacs. The same can’t be said for one element of fitness testing at the NHL Scouting Combine in Toronto.
According to a report from The Canadian Press, the 17-year-old Bennett, who had 91 points in 57 regular season games for Kingston and is the top-ranked North American skater heading into the June NHL Draft, couldn’t do a single pull-up during Saturday’s fitness testing.
“I was definitely disappointed with myself,” Bennett said, as per Canadian Press. “I was wanting to do the best I can in every test. But, I guess, ultimately games aren’t won or lost if you can do a pull-up in the gym.
I find it hard that he couldn't do 1 pull-up. Long shot here, but any chance he threw this to drop down the list and not get drafted by one of the top 3 teams?
Edited by TGWL