What bands do you hate?

METALMAN

6 minutes ago, Benji said:

Hey you can now add Blur to that list after I saw this interview from years back :(

Nardwuarc is a fucking goof. I like him. I spent a good few hours one day watching Nardwuar interviews on YouTube. His stuff with Jello Biafra is good (my understanding is that Jello is a fan of him).

10 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

Here's another video involving people being pricks for no reason. This time, it's Henry Rollins and Black Flag.

I've seen that, and Henry was an ass as a youngster. He's mellowed a lot as he aged. I have to imagine he'd probably think he was a dick himself. That's actually in Detroit that interview. 

I met Henry years back, and he's a cool guy. Really stoic and straight forests but friendly and engaging. 

Mike Patton always struck me as an ass. 

Henry Rollins hosted a series on the History Channel that I watched called "10 Things You Didn't Know About..." Each episode would be on a different subject, like money or the founding fathers. Did a bang up job as the host.

I'm not a fan of Black Flag, but I like some of his solo stuff, like "Liar".

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I do too. But I also like cheesy fun empty pop songs. Which is really what Styx and Boston and Kansas are. There's nothing wrong with that, just like there's nothing wrong with liking LMFAO. But there's the whole classic rock elitist "they don't make music like this these days" idea as if bands like Styx were the pinnacle of anything. 

Edited by Pizza
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Pizza said:

I do too. But I also like cheesy fun empty pop songs. Which is really what Styx and Boston and Kansas are. There's nothing wrong with that, just like there's nothing wrong with liking LMFAO. But there's the whole classic rock elitist "they don't make music like this these days" idea as if bands like Styx were the pinnacle of anything. 

That's kind of it for me, the baby boomers shitting on silly music and then praising their own shitty music. 

Everybody is entitled to enjoy what sounds good to their ears of course.

• 3 weeks later...