What bands do you hate?

METALMAN

A Call For Blood is a banger though. Or maybe I just have fond memories of it being someone's ROH entrance music (CM Punk?).

Not a band, but a song: I am sick to fucking death of people performing Alicia Keys' song "This Girl Is On Fire" on The Voice. Someone does it every year, either in the blind auditions or later on if they get picked. Fuck that song.

*edit* The only song I hate more? Pearl Jam's "Jeremy". 

Edited by GhostMachine

On 12/5/2017 at 06:57, VerBlood Drive said:

Hatebreed. 

I know I give the cheesier classic rock a lot of shit, but there is literally nothing worse than phony tough guy hardcore.

Man, you and I could not listen to music together. :P

Oh and as for bands I hate.

Fuck The Beatles. All their music drives me out of my mind it sounds so bad to my ears.

Buddy, I've been hating on The Beatles on this board since I joined this place when I was a teenager.

6 hours ago, ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster said:

.....Yeah that was extremely out of order. DEFINITELY not a mistake.

What's worse is that people are defending him and his lame-ass apology ("I was caught up in performance, sorry") and saying that it's a "non-story". Pretty sure when a well-known musician gets up on stage, cuts himself, berates the headlining act and kicks a photographer in the face - deliberately and while smiling, her photos show - it's not a "non-story".

• Like 1

The only 'excuse' i have is that Josh was most likely absolutely wasted on stage, which seems to be what he almost always is. Miraculously his music never suffers when he's drinking either, but he starts waxing lyrical in between the songs and doing utterly boneheaded stuff... 

During that same gig he grabbed a knife and (accidentally?) cut himselt open on his eyebrow with a nasty gusher as result.

I love QOTSA, but Josh is a trainwreck of a human being, dude really is going to find an early grave if he keeps it up.

Unacceptable stuff, he needw to get some big time help.

He has now posted a personal video apology on the band's facebook page. And in his words it's obvious that the first apology was a pr manager being stupid, and that he probably only realised what he did after the fact.

I dont know how to link Facebook videos so maybe someone can do that for me.

Edited by Jasonmufc

I'm torn. Josh's history is that he's a relatively chill guy who doesn't condone this kind of thing, but his history is also that he can be a real shitty person and a bully - particularly when drunk/high. It's pretty obvious it was intentional, but I'd like to believe he is sincerely sorry and like a lot of people who have problems with substance addiction he acted pretty shitty in the moment. Given his talks about people leaving him because of substance abuse, I think he definitely needs to seek help before he does something truly self-destructive. I'm not going to be comfortable listening to his music for at least a little bit, regardless, but I don't really think he's sorry unless he actually acknowledges that he seems to have a problem.

One thing that is pissing me off in a significantly smaller way is that the reports are stating it's a "female photographer". What does her gender have to do with him kicking another human being? It doesn't make it any more nor less shitty.

EDIT: Watched it, he seems sincere, and I hope his talk of "figuring out some stuff" is what I mentioned above. Dude's got kids, not just for something as shallow as his reputation's sake, but for their sake I really hope he does get help. He's human, he's asking forgiveness and admitting mistake without any excuses, it's as good an apology as he can give. I'm still not comfortable with it, but time will tell.

I watched an episode of TMZ last week that talked about the Josh Homme incident. The person he kicked is going to sue or press charges, if they haven't already.  *thumbs up emote goes here*

Edited by GhostMachine
  • Like 1