What bands do you hate?

METALMAN

I don't think it's ironic. I mean, I thnk the Beatles are awfully good, but I can easily understand how people might not really warm to them. Their songs are played a lot, and that can be a bit wearing. Even I can't really stand listening to the likes of "Let It Be", "Hey Jude" and "Long and Winding Road" because they are played absolutely everywhere, and they aren't particularly good songs.

Sometimes, for a band that's hyped as much as the Beatles it can be really hard to get into them as well, because no band can really live up to that. That's why I enjoyed their earlier, more overlooked albums to the expense of the stuff that all the classic rock magazines write about all the time. The ludicrous hype meant that it took some time for me to really get Sergeant Peppers.

• Like 2

I don't think it's ironic. I mean, I thnk the Beatles are awfully good, but I can easily understand how people might not really warm to them. Their songs are played a lot, and that can be a bit wearing. Even I can't really stand listening to the likes of "Let It Be", "Hey Jude" and "Long and Winding Road" because they are played absolutely everywhere, and they aren't particularly good songs.

Sometimes, for a band that's hyped as much as the Beatles it can be really hard to get into them as well, because no band can really live up to that. That's why I enjoyed their earlier, more overlooked albums to the expense of the stuff that all the classic rock magazines write about all the time. The ludicrous hype meant that it took some time for me to really get Sergeant Peppers.

Whilst I agree with this, I was talking with my fiance on the way back from Blackpool, and I do feel that the Beatles do offer a wide variety of different sounding songs at least. Whilst people may dislike what they have heard of 'The Beatles', stuff like 'Eleanor Rigby' and 'Norwegian Wood' feel almost worlds away from 'Hey Jude' and 'Ob-La-Dee, Ob-La-Da'.

• Like 1

Oh absolutely. Despite what I said earlier, I do still find it strange when people write off the Beatles completely, even though I can understand why they might do so. Plus, I actually quite like Ob-La-Dee, Ob-La-Da <_<.

I have also come to realise that Michael Buble has no redeeming features. So I think I've found a couple now.

• Like 1

I can understand how The Beatles might not be someone's favourite band, or indeed not a band they particularly listen to, but I can't for the life of me fathom how someone could hate them. They're not overplayed, they don't pop up in adverts or movie trailers every five minutes (fucking AC/DC) and outside of McCartney doing every big public event available they aren't all over tv being irritating constantly (fucking Brian May). And frankly if you've already decided you don't like their music I'd suggest listening to some more, as I find it hard to believe anyone can't find at least one Beatles album they like.

Micky Bubbles always sounds like a nice lad in interviews, that's redeeming.

Edit: Just reread that and it appears like I think its a positive that they aren't fucking AC/DC in movie trailers or fucking Brian May on tv. I stand by this point.

Edited by Colly

The Beatles, Queen, Abba, System of a Down, Olly Murs, Bruno Mars, Muse...

Olly Murs is awesome. I used to dislike him on the basis of "he was on x factor and his fans are mostly teenage girls" until I saw him live, now I love him. Dear Darling is possibly the best pop song I've heard this year.

I see TMW's System of a Down and raise him a Rammstein.

I wanna punch you right now...not really. We'll just have to disagree on the matter.

Anyway, I don't really hate the Beatles per se, I just can't get into their music in the slightest.

Also, Emmure can go fuck themselves with a rusty pitchfork.

That is a weird opinion. I mean, I can understand liking those songs and not "Crackity Jones" or something, but where's "River Euphrates" and "Gigantic"? Done way too much stuff that's more like those three you listed than others, hating their discography just seems weird.

• Like 1