What bands do you hate?

METALMAN

It wasn't you.

I mean, you might have been a fan, but not the person who I was thinking of.

Fairly sure that Nerf saw them live, and was jizzming over it afterwards.

It definitely was me, just not anymore :shifty:

The whole regrettable period of Motley Crue worship lasted from the time I was 15 til about two years ago. I just kinda outgrew it, but I didn't want the truth to get in the way of my gimmick on here! I've pretty much come full circle and almost exclusively listen to punk rock, hardcore and some acoustic now. Oh, and Hip-Hop, of course. I'm 14 again and I love it.

Note: I was always Punk Rock at heart, but the New York Dolls turned me onto the glam side of things.

Led Zepplin are the band that just don't do it for me. There's some really outstanding songs but they're surrounded by massive piles of shit. The Beatles to a much lesser extent are the same for me I guess. They're good at times.

Bands I fucking despise are Green Day, Coheed and Cambria, The Killers, Jason Derulo and why not throw Pitbull in there as wel, though you may as well include everyone shit enough that's collaborated with him. Hate all these shitty folk souding bands like Mumford an Sons and Avicii and so on. But the biggest cunt on my list at the moment is Robin Thicke and yes it is for that one song.

• Like 2

Abba are wonderful. Benny is one of the greatest pop songwriters of all time.

Green Day are awful. And not just the more recent stuff, even their "best" stuff is dull at best and horrible at worst.

Also can't stand AC/DC, Oasis, The Cribs, Five Finger Death Punch or any of their ilk.

• Like 1

Led Zepplin are the band that just don't do it for me. There's some really outstanding songs but they're surrounded by massive piles of shit. The Beatles to a much lesser extent are the same for me I guess. They're good at times.

Bands I fucking despise are Green Day, Coheed and Cambria, The Killers, Jason Derulo and why not throw Pitbull in there as wel, though you may as well include everyone shit enough that's collaborated with him. Hate all these shitty folk souding bands like Mumford an Sons and Avicii and so on. But the biggest cunt on my list at the moment is Robin Thicke and yes it is for that one song.

Oh yeah, fuck him.

• Admin

I don't hate any bands per se - there are genres that don't appeal to me, but I just don't listen to them. Music is such a subjective thing, one man's meat is another man's poison etc.

Closest thing I have to a dislike of a band or musician is Eminem, but thats just because I'm not a fan of rap or hip-hop or anything like that, and my old flatmate used to play it very loudly all the time - so it's more of a memory trigger than anything

Disclosure don't really do much for me. But their debut album Settle isn't really bad in any sense of the word.

Radio overplay kills enthusiasm for even the best artists

I haven't heard nearly enough to say I hate all of his work, but I cannot fucking stand John Lennon's Imagine. I just do not understand the love for that track whatsoever. It's awful.

"Imagine" is one of the most overrated songs of all time. It's by far my least favorite solo Lennon song. "Working Class Hero" isn't much good either but at least it doesn't get trotted out by singing competition contestants so they can sing a "meaningful" song.

• Like 2

He did.

John Lennon is wrongly remembered as the "interesting" one in the Beatles, when if you look at his solo work, he came out with "Imagine", which is a crock of shit, and an album of fairly lazy rock 'n' roll covers. He did some cool stuff with the Plastic Ono Band, but he was hardly the experimental half of that relationship.

McCartney, on the other hand, was the one interested in Stockhausen and avant-garde classical music, and in a lot of the more interesting directions the Beatles ended up taking. In his solo work, he took a lot more risks, and tried out a lot more new directions. Obviously it helped that he's lived decades longer to do that, but even in a comparative space of time, you can see McCartney trying out a lot more different ideas than Lennon did. A lot of them turned out to be shit, but he tried.

And can you really picture John Lennon attempting something as outright deranged as "Temporary Secretary"?

• Like 4