What bands do you hate?

METALMAN

On Nickelback: I think they get too much hate, they're not the worst band ever and I think there is an element of "it's cool to hate them" with some people. They have done some good songs, albeit mostly album tracks, their singles tend to be wank. That being said they are pretty shit and I can't remember how many times I've had to tell people to listen to the lyrics in Photograph after they've told me it's a beautiful/amazing song. No. It's shite.

• Like 1

On Nickelback: I think they get too much hate, they're not the worst band ever and I think there is an element of "it's cool to hate them" with some people. They have done some good songs, albeit mostly album tracks, their singles tend to be wank. That being said they are pretty shit and I can't remember how many times I've had to tell people to listen to the lyrics in Photograph after they've told me it's a beautiful/amazing song. No. It's shite.

I think they confused "Photograph" with "If Today Was Your Last Day".

"How You Remind Me", "If Everyone Cared", "Far Away" and "Photograph" are all pretty lame.

I really hate this stigma that I'm disliking something to be cool, instead of, you know, loathing a bands discography and thinking it's shit.

Jesus Christ. No one mentioned you. No one pointed at you. If you legit dislike something then good for you, you're not the kind of person that's being talked about. You actually disliking something doesn't mean that there aren't people who say they dislike stuff to look cool online.

Kirkland, if you come onto this board and say shit, people will assume you are talking about them. This sort of siege mentality where you feel justified taking shots at phantoms because they spook you at other places is not going to play well here. If you weren't talking to anybody on this board, what is even the point of bringing it up?

• Like 4

I really hate this stigma that I'm disliking something to be cool, instead of, you know, loathing a bands discography and thinking it's shit.

Jesus Christ. No one mentioned you. No one pointed at you. If you legit dislike something then good for you, you're not the kind of person that's being talked about. You actually disliking something doesn't mean that there aren't people who say they dislike stuff to look cool online.

I didn't mention you in that post either. But since you just assumed so without reading the posts above. I'm going to respond.

Let's have a look at the actual post in question:

I love "Side of a Bullet" so, so much. I actually like Nickelback alot in general though. I'm pretty sure between me and my Dad we have all their albums. The insane Nickelback hate I see online has always come off as people wanting to say they dislike something popular/successful just to be "cool". Kinda feel that way about all the shitting on Five Finger Death Punch that I've been seeing lately too.

So, I came up with a (I admit) spiteful but also perfectly legitimate criticism of the band. I was posting why I hated a band I previously said I hated in a thread called what bands do you hate. I was doing precisely what the original poster asked me.

If you're going to make blanket statements and assumptions. Expect someone to you call you out. Especially after throwing the 'hipster' card.

Am I not allowed to hate bands you like because you didn't mention me? Is how things work? Because if someone dissed a band that I liked, do you know what I would do? I would challenge their point and come up with a counter-argument. Instead of kicking the shit out of a strawman.

Kirkland, I like you, I'm trying to be reasonable. But please actually try and refute my argument with another argument.

And, if you're going to practice what you preach. Apart from the fact that they're popular and critically lauded, why do you hate the beatles so much?

• Like 3

I didn't mention you in that post either. But since you just assumed so without reading the posts above. I'm going to respond.

Let's have a look at the actual post in question:

I love "Side of a Bullet" so, so much. I actually like Nickelback alot in general though. I'm pretty sure between me and my Dad we have all their albums. The insane Nickelback hate I see online has always come off as people wanting to say they dislike something popular/successful just to be "cool". Kinda feel that way about all the shitting on Five Finger Death Punch that I've been seeing lately too.

So, I came up with a (I admit) spiteful but also perfectly legitimate criticism of the band. I was posting why I hated a band I previously said I hated in a thread called what bands do you hate. I was doing precisely what the original poster asked me.

If you're going to make blanket statements and assumptions. Expect someone to you call you out. Especially after throwing the 'hipster' card.

Am I not allowed to hate bands you like because you didn't mention me? Is how things work? Because if someone dissed a band that I liked, do you know what I would do? I would challenge their point and come up with a counter-argument. Instead of kicking the shit out of a strawman.

Kirkland, I like you, I'm trying to be reasonable. But please actually try and refute my argument with another argument.

And, if you're going to practice what you preach. Apart from the fact that they're popular and critically lauded, why do you hate the beatles so much?

Because I don't like their music at all and I have people around me who go on about how music is shit now and The Beatles were just the greatest thing ever. My point was never "If you say you don't like Nickelback you're a liar". I get that some people don't like them.My point was that it's become such a thing to hate on them online that I don't think they're really as hated as they seem.