What bands do you hate?

METALMAN

If your attitude is "People are shitting on tings I don't like to be cool" I am now automatically assuming that everything you claim to dislike is an attempt to be cool Kirkland, seeing as i now believe that is where your mind goes.

Five Finger Death Punch are dull in my opinion. End of.

• Like 1

If your attitude is "People are shitting on tings I don't like to be cool" I am now automatically assuming that everything you claim to dislike is an attempt to be cool Kirkland, seeing as i now believe that is where your mind goes.

I never said that about all things I like. it's just these 2 things that i get this feeling on when I see the mass amount of hate online for them. Especially Nickelback. that is without a doubt a dumb internet thing alot people do because they've been told that hating them is a way to be cool on the internet. I've seen people I know that like the FFDP style of music hate on FFDP just because and I quote "It's what MMA junkies and gym rats listen to to get psyched up".

The Sex Pistols are another band that just don't mean shit to me. They were just cartoon-punk managed by a blithering idiot who didn't know the slightest about music and their songs are just generic pseudo-anarchic shit, plus none of them could even play their instruments and Sid Vicious only played bass on one song on Never Mind The Bollocks.

:bang:

I never said that about all things I like. it's just these 2 things that i get this feeling on when I see the mass amount of hate online for them. Especially Nickelback. that is without a doubt a dumb internet thing alot people do because they've been told that hating them is a way to be cool on the internet. I've seen people I know that like the FFDP style of music hate on FFDP just because and I quote "It's what MMA junkies and gym rats listen to to get psyched up".

There are people that do that, but really, a lot of hate for Nickelback is because they are boring and terrible. If you don't think that, that's fine, but that is the criticism and I tend not to see people voting against something they usually listen to. Five Finger Death Punch I haven't heard, don't have an opinion of them, but I don't really buy bandwagon hatred of bands in general.
  • Like 2

I am not a fan of FFDP at all. I'm soooo sick of "Under And Over It". But like a lot of bands I don't care for, I have to play what people want to hear when I DJ. And there are plenty of people who want to hear them, unfortunately. One of my bosses is fond of "Remember Everything", which strangely is one of the few FFDP songs I can stomach. (I roll my eyes whenever someone requests their cover of "Bad Company")

So.....opinions on Volbeat?

I've only ever heard a few songs by Volbeat but i find them unoffensive generic hard rock

I remember thinking that Nickelback were done as a thing over here after we stopped playing the woefully dull How You Remind Me. Then inexplicably years later Radio 1 decided a single by a very dull band presumably now in their forties was worth airplay and it started again. Also, he looks like Jesus which I find sacrilegious.

Ditto on All Summer Long by Kid Rock. Yes, we get it, its Sweet Home Alabama but really shit.

I remember thinking that Nickelback were done as a thing over here after we stopped playing the woefully dull How You Remind Me. Then inexplicably years later Radio 1 decided a single by a very dull band presumably now in their forties was worth airplay and it started again. Also, he looks like Jesus which I find sacrilegious.

Ditto on All Summer Long by Kid Rock. Yes, we get it, its Sweet Home Alabama but really shit.

Actually it's Warren Zevon's "Werewolves of London", pretty close to Sweet Home Alabama, too.

Actually it's Warren Zevon's "Werewolves of London", pretty close to Sweet Home Alabama, too.

I know a joke about that one...

Every time I see Robin Thicke, I want to punch him in the face. How could a saint of a man like Alan Thicke produce such a little rat bastard?!?

He's also suing Marvin Gaye and Funkadelic!