The PS4 thread

9 to 5

So, I was told my PlayStation plus thing had ran out but I keep seeing people joining parties and stuff, should that still be happening?

I'm assuming your PS would still connect to the internet with or without PS+, so you'd still see people joining parties and that.

So, I was told my PlayStation plus thing had ran out but I keep seeing people joining parties and stuff, should that still be happening?

Yes. 'cause then you go to join, and they'll be like MONEY PLEASE.

Despite my plan to play Untill Dawn on a day by Day basis i finished it tonight.  Good game, much better than all the Quantic Dream Titles even if there are some gaping holes here and there.

Spoilers

For some reason Mike still is able to light his lighter in the very last sceen after he got his neck snaped seconds before. Credits even point out how he died before the lighter incident. Woops. There also were one or two points were characters were talking about stuff they have not actually seen themselfs or heard about - but not as major as dead mike.

Only Major annoyance i had with the story was the part were the group goes ape shit on Emmelie (or whatever her name is) because she got bitten... yes, lets shoot her on grounds of... we saw zombie movies? Well i guess you could consider this ok since they are all stressed out but common.

I liked the build of josh pranking them, i know it´s a bit far fetched (his selfcrafted ghosts?!) but it´s perfect for this kind of "chose your own adventure" game. If you think about it, it´s the perfect reason to have people run in fear without actually dieing - it´s perfect for the developers. And via the clues you find you can actually suspect that he is still alive (i was almost certain he was when the group found the gutted pig) - Also it suddenly made perfect sense that the game drifted into Saw fan fiction for two scenes once he is revealed.

The Uncharted style twist towards The Decent in the end was not to bad either. It´s a bit odd that the guys ran around the woods without problems before but it´s horror so you should not expect to much. It was just a nice way to fill up some more time and ad a real sense of danger/twisting storyline.
It´s funny, i think this started out ok but slow - the Dacid Cage games usualy start out very interting and fall of a cliff the closer you get to the conclusion. I realy liked Untill Dawn a lot better.

Turned out that the only one i actually lost before the final scene was Matt. Poor token black guy. Serves me right for desperately trying to save his girlfriend... to bad i now have to replay half the game to get that trophie. Not sure if i am down for that.

I like the little documentary the Totems give you. If you press triangle you get something recorded by flamthrower guy, it´s like a choped up VHS getting more and more compleet with every totem you collect.

And yeah... the collecting is kinda odd. The detours get you out of the flow a bit but some of the clues are actually important for the story (even the butterfly effect) so it feels really strange to hunt for them just as much as not hunting for them feels.

Edited by Herr Matzat
  • Like 1

Harmonix have confirmed that Rock Band 3 will be exportable to Rock Band 4 as well. It sounds like some sort of disc authorisation method will be used to confirm you've owned it since they said if you sold the game you sold the right to export. Digital copies shouldn't have a problem, guess the PS/X Box store would have the authorisation there so can confirm prior ownership.

I wouldn't be surprised if a few people picked it up without mentioning it because of the stigma it has on some areas of the Internet. Admitting to enjoying Call of Duty often garners the same reaction as admitting to liking Justin Bieber in some circles, and getting on someone's case for it is equally silly, but that's the way it goes sometimes.

Pfft, I had great fun fighting the juggernauts on MW2 with Kaney.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'm no Call of Duty fan, but it's astounding how many times those who do like the game are dismissed as antisocial teenagers who are too thick to appreciate more "sophisticated" games. People need to learn that every game has a thick, antisocial section of its audience.

Just finished my first Let's Play of Assassin's Creed Syndicate which can be found below:

Having never played any of the Assassin's series before, I've got to say it's pretty good. This game suffers from a few dodgy camera angles though, but it's got gorgeous graphics and set in victoriana London too

Edited by cmb211087