The PS4 thread

9 to 5

One criticism I read about Beyond back when it got released was that it seemed the decisions you made during the game didn't really affect things much like they could have in Heavy Rain. Is that fair?

I don´t think there is much of a difference. You can´t change to much in Heavy Rain in the first place. The scenes seem to have a fairly clear point of entry and point of exit but what happens in between or how you get from A to B might be very different depending on the scene.

To me the biggest point of criticism against David Cage is his writing. If you liked what he did with Heavy Rain and Fahrenheit (Essentially Matrix, Saw and Seven Fan Fiction with some random Sex thrown in-between) you will like this to (it´s essentially Stephen Kings Carry Fan Fiction).

It´s not terrible by any means, but it´s not 60€ good. More like a weekend rental .

• Like 1

I'd probably pick up Beyond as I didn't play it, not arsed about playing Heavy Rain again but definitely worth it for a first timer. Highly recommended.

One criticism I read about Beyond back when it got released was that it seemed the decisions you made during the game didn't really affect things much like they could have in Heavy Rain. Is that fair?

Not really, they affect things about the same to be honest, which is to say it all gives you the illusion of choice, but only small things and the finale are really changed. B2S was a good game, probably not as strong as Heavy Rain story wise, but still an entertaining game.

Firmware 3.00 is released later this week. Interesting stuff in it.

Also, i´ll get back to my PS4 thursday and have a 2GB HDD sitting here to upgrade it (asides the wticher 3 to download from the CA PSN) so stay tuned to hear me complain about how long the HDD Backup and all the patches, gamedownloads n stuff takes. I´ll probably no be able to play anything before sunday or monday. >_>

Meanwhile i begin my bitching.

PS4 wont recognize my external HDD to backup to. Tried quickformat to exFAT and FAT34 via several computers, oses and formatting software. Will now try a full format instead of a quick format.
I am honestly surprised this is an issue because everyone on the internet seems to recommend this HDD as PS4 upgrade. Literally every „i found a way to fix this“ post on the interwebs say „OMG i found out! you must format to exFAT“… yeah, uhm, did that. Da Hum.

I've had a PS4 about 3 weeks now, add me up on NewDamage25 if you haven't already got me from the PS3.

I have MGS5, PES2016 and Driveclub thus far - ps. someone accept me to the Driveclub club -_-

Nice. I have just finished chapter three. I play one ingame hour each day.

So far i enjoy the concept that almost everyone deserve to die but i want to keep them all alive because it´s a game. >_>

I like the Playstation Camera Idea, it´s filming you during the jump scares. To bad there are only like 10 games that use it so there is no point in having it. Would have loved to used that feature. I enjoy the jump scares much more than in a bad horror movie, i guess because i have to take the steps towards the obvious.

But it´s almost sad everything is so drawn out. I don´t think it´s bad but I would love to have a two houre halloween party cut, this could be hilarious with a bunch of friends finishing it in one session. 

Edited by Herr Matzat

Early stuff is that I can't do any of the downloading old songs but putting that down to "day 1 rush" so will wait a bit (they're not even showing in the PS store but can be found in game for me even if they won't download). As far as the game goes enjoying it so far after a couple of quick songs. Tried "Dead Black (Heart of Ice)" as a talky would be simple enough to get into the vocals of the game and gold starred that, got asked to do an encore and found out how rusty I am on actual songs but managed to nurse a 4 star performance out of the freestyle vocals. You know what you're getting with a Rock Band game but liking the look and feel of it so far. Think I'm going to like the changes when I play around with other instruments too.