The PS4 thread

9 to 5

Wait wait wait wait.

If I get Rock Band 4, I can get all my old songs from RB1/2/3 back too? Really? 

Any DLC from the games that has been exported to your account, yeah. Not sure if my LEGO, Green Day, AC\DC stuff is going to come over and I don't think Rock Band 3 stuff comes over - but if you've done the export before to get stuff INTO Rock Band 3 you SHOULD be good to go I think.

Wait wait wait wait.

If I get Rock Band 4, I can get all my old songs from RB1/2/3 back too? Really? 

That's the plan. Only if you are on the same platform though, for example moving from PS3 to PS4 due to the way the Sony/Microsoft store will have it logged on their system, it doesn't work if you've gone from 360/PS4 and vice versa. At the moment it's only older DLC you bought as individual songs and they're slowly moving it across. For example I'm not able to download any songs yet but when I go on the store I am seeing lots of stuff available showing as "purchased" already so presumably I'll be able to pick that up and download accordingly when it's all in place. The plan is also to move across the RB1/2/3 stuff but we'll see how that works. I THINK the export on Rock Band 2, LEGO and Green Day were basically a big downloadable file so that may be an option.

It's going to be a slow process as they move it all across and make sure the legacy works with the upgrades but in the end you should have about 1500 songs available to play.

• Admin

This news has changed my mind about possibly buying Rock Band 4. If I get access (even gradual) to all my old PS3 stuff, then I will probably pick it up. Wasn't a giant fan of the RB4 setlist when I saw it so just forgot about it originally.

I just assumed there wasn't a Rock Band 3 export because of this quote "All existing Rock Band DLC, including disc exports from Rock Band and Rock Band 2, was compatible with Rock Band 4 within the same console family" and the idea that there wasn't a way that I am aware of, of exporting the Rock Band 3 content.. unless there was one for Blitz which there actually might have been.

Interestingly I just checked the back of my Rock Band 3 manual, there is some sort of code on it (although I'd guess by now it would have expired?) which may be able to act as a code for the Rock Band 3 set list. I think more likely is that they'll find a way of bringing it as dlc tracks with that one but it's a case of just waiting and finding out. It'll be a little while before it's all cleared.

Quick Rock Band notes:

1.  Legacy DLC is available for the most part.  Some packs are still unavailable.  Anything you have purchased will be free, but pay attention to make sure whether you bought the pack before or the individual songs.  Best just to do a run through the Rock Band In-Game Store ("Get More Songs", where all the individual tracks are) and the PSN Store (where individual songs and packs are available.)

2.  RB1, 2, 3, Lego, Blitz, Green Day, and AC/DC will all be available later on.  If you ever exported any of those games, they will be available to you when Harmonix finishes remastering/retracking the tunes.  I've already noticed the Green Day Export Pack available on the PSN, but it's unavailable to me at the moment.

Stayed up until 4a EST downloading the 560 DLC tracks available to me.  Freaking worth it.

Edited by thatshortguy
Forgot that Blitz would be exportable.
  • Like 1

I got down 300 and some of mine last night - a lot of them in the story showed up as unpurchased until I clicked on them though, which was odd but luckily I have a good memory of them.

Have you heard anything about Blitz? There was no export for that - and they pushed all the songs to the store after it came out. A lot of them I thought I had I didn't.. because they were built into Blitz. I'm wondering if we're shit out of luck on those ones.

Interestingly I just checked the back of my Rock Band 3 manual, there is some sort of code on it (although I'd guess by now it would have expired?) which may be able to act as a code for the Rock Band 3 set list. I think more likely is that they'll find a way of bringing it as dlc tracks with that one but it's a case of just waiting and finding out. It'll be a little while before it's all cleared.

They said once that they always have these keys in the back of their manual. Beatles Rock Band for example had a key aswell that was never used for anything. Who knows if they had planed a second Beatles game in case the first one made more money...

I think the Greenday Pack might have expired, so you only have access to it if you already bough it. I know at least some of these export keys have expired just like some of the songs disapeared from the store after some time.

I got down 300 and some of mine last night - a lot of them in the story showed up as unpurchased until I clicked on them though, which was odd but luckily I have a good memory of them.

Have you heard anything about Blitz? There was no export for that - and they pushed all the songs to the store after it came out. A lot of them I thought I had I didn't.. because they were built into Blitz. I'm wondering if we're shit out of luck on those ones.

Some of the Blitz songs are already in the store and that will be exportable in the near future as well.  Forgot to list it.

Accidentally bought "One Week" again, not even mad.

Edit:  Green Day's export has expired, but all the songs are available on the store in case you missed them.

Edited by thatshortguy

Untill Dawn is still fun. I like draging it out on a one day one episode basis. I don´t even know if i got people killed at the end of the last episode. I wonder about the replay value, it seems like there should be a lot more than with Quantic Dream games. I had like two to four offscreen deaths yet, as in, i could imagine these characters turn up again with no warning. Because i might be down to only two people left alive and four hours Untill Dawn.