The PS4 thread

9 to 5

I am not very good at Don't Starve.

Takes me FOREVER to find any rocks to mine. And usually shortly after I build the science machine I am killed. The first time I accidentally let my fire go out and was murdered. The second time I was being chased by a tree monster into my home (I had four hay walls, a chest, and a science machine. basically a home). I tried to fight him off with my new spear and lost.

PS Now sounds like such an awesome idea but for someone with a bandwidth cap, I'm not going to be able to put it to great use. :(

I'm curious to see if AT&T's "Sponsored Data" idea takes hold elsewhere. Effectively, customers who visit certain companies' servers/sites will not have that data count against their caps. Could see that being an issue rather quickly with PS Now.

Reaaaalllllly hope this works out. Mike McWhorter at Polygon posted that their was a tiny bit of lag input and colors were muted. This is why we have betas, but I tend to side on the uber-picky "any lag is bad lag" crowd. Though I'm willing to forgive that if it is bundled as part of PS+.

Having a hard time figuring out Don't Starve. Like I collected some stuff and made a trap but I cant figure out how to use it and now it's dark and bleh. I'm not sure what I thought this game was going to be but I am pretty sure I don't like what it actually is

Took me a little bit to figure out the trap. You actually just need to drop it near rabbits/frogs, and come back later. As for darkness, I usually just build a fire about midway through the second part of the day and spend the evening cooking/eating.

Don't Starve is weird. At first it's a bit boring and it really needs some instructions, like an option for a tutorial. Not for definite, because a lot of people love the figuring out stuff aspect, but it'd be nice to have some starter ideas. I think the amount of YouTube videos I've watched on it already helped.

It's a lot of fun once you get into it, but it's definitely not for everyone.

Having a hard time figuring out Don't Starve. Like I collected some stuff and made a trap but I cant figure out how to use it and now it's dark and bleh. I'm not sure what I thought this game was going to be but I am pretty sure I don't like what it actually is

Took me a little bit to figure out the trap. You actually just need to drop it near rabbits/frogs, and come back later. As for darkness, I usually just build a fire about midway through the second part of the day and spend the evening cooking/eating.

What do you do in the game though?

• Like 3

The whole point of the game is exploring and discovering the creepy and cool world. Like I say, it's definitely not for everyone, but if the design and the world gets you interested, there's tons to discover and explore. The whole point is starting the game, exploring bit by bit until you fuck up, then you play again and get even further. You realize there's a cool thing you can do with this new bit you picked up. Hey, that's cool, OH GOD SPIDERS EVERYWHERE NO. Then you start again. Okay. This time, I know what I'm doing. You whizz through the opening parts of the game. You're back to where you were last time. You're prepared. You destroy the spiders! And now you've got THIS item! What is this madness!? Now I can make this new item! This is awesome! Look at this cool new thing I can do! I'll go collect some more rocks for a fire... it's getting dark... oh god, I've no straw... NO, NOT THE DARKNESS NO NO

Then... we go again!

It's very much the sort of game where you find something new every time. If you can't enjoy the hardcore mode aspects, it definitely won't be for you.