The PS4 thread

9 to 5

I'll probably be getting a PS4 after Christmas but I held a controller for the first time yesterday and although the grip was improved it felt really cheap. The face buttons in particular felt flimsy compared to the DS3.

I hope this was down to them being a bit battered from use by people in-store but I was very disappointed. :(

I think the controller is fantastic, even with the layer of human grease on it at Best Buy. I always loved the Dual Shock, my favorite controller until the 360 came around, but I think the PS4 might be even better. Haven't got to try the One controller yet, it's never attached to any displays I've seen in stores.

I think the controller is fantastic, even with the layer of human grease on it at Best Buy. I always loved the Dual Shock, my favorite controller until the 360 came around, but I think the PS4 might be even better. Haven't got to try the One controller yet, it's never attached to any displays I've seen in stores.

Yes! Why is that? I've seen 4 different PS4 displays with the controller but not a single Xbone

I'll probably be getting a PS4 after Christmas but I held a controller for the first time yesterday and although the grip was improved it felt really cheap. The face buttons in particular felt flimsy compared to the DS3.

I hope this was down to them being a bit battered from use by people in-store but I was very disappointed. :(

What? The DS3 was a flimsy and cheaply made controller that felt like you could snap it in half without really trying.

PS4 controller is a big improvement, and I liked it better than the XB1's, which they've added some weird angles to, and the sticks and shoulder buttons are weird.

Yes! Why is that? I've seen 4 different PS4 displays with the controller but not a single Xbone

My guess is they don't want people finding out firsthand that they made something cheaper and flimsier than the 360's controller. All the reviews I've read back-up what Maxx just said.

Anyone know of a good, cheap headset for PS4? Not a fan of the ear bud design it came with, would prefer something more traditional.

I picked up a set of TRITTON Kunai's - they were about 60 dollars and they work with pretty much everything. They're awesome - guy who sold them to me says they work great on his PS4.. apparently you only have to plug them into the controller? That's cool.

http://www.trittonaudio.com/prod/kunai_uni.asp

It's really solidly built for a headset under 100 dollars (it's put together with screws and the sort), is comfortable on the ears (give it a bit if you're not used to a set that is kind of on ear) and the mic actually detaches.

XB1 pad isn't flimsier, is more compact. Shoulder buttons are a bit weird, but I don't like the triggers on the DS4 or the overall shape.

Also, given we've had the two consoles in store and playable for the same amount of time, the damage to the DS sticks is somewhat concerning:

https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Camera%20Uploads/2013-12-09%2011.54.27.jpg?w=AABL-Y0uc9l2OxuJLvxhXDAlC5_2xl9fmbTmZNhQqlclHg