The PS4 thread

9 to 5

I've been double charged putting money into my wallet because the servers have been overloaded and it kept saying error messages but its taken the money out of the account. Not happy at all...

PS4 is lovely. Only downside is that I think the headphone jack on my controller is broken...

EDIT: Nope! It's fine! Awesome. :D

Connected to the PSN fine earlier, but as expected as it gets later in the day and people are probably coming home to their consoles, I can't get online now.

We should all definitely play Warframe at some point, it's lovely. I really enjoyed it on the PC when it was on beta and it's a ton of fun with a controller, even if the F2P prices are awful. But luckily the core game is pretty much entirely accessible without buying anything, you just don't get much space to mix it up without putting money into it. Seriously though, it's a lot of fun. Like a more forgiving version of the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer.

I've been double charged putting money into my wallet because the servers have been overloaded and it kept saying error messages but its taken the money out of the account. Not happy at all...

That sucks, man. It'll be fixed, obviously, but thats an issue that is a pain.

How can you do it from so far away if the guys feed cut when he left the room? Is it if they're both wireless or something?

From what I understand there's two types of connection, a direct wireless connection between your Vita and PS4, for short distance streaming... and I think the other is some kind of wireless, where it's streamed over the internet to your Vita. Obviously you get better performance from the first, but the second method means you can play your PS4 anywhere, though with reduced performance depending on the internet connection on both ends.

How can you do it from so far away if the guys feed cut when he left the room? Is it if they're both wireless or something?

The ps4 could be landlines or wireless, the vita just picks the signal up. The further away the more lag until there's a disconnect. Just like a Bluetooth headset or WiFi laptop.

:o NBA 2K14 has a mode exactly like Ultimate Team! Screw you NBA Live! No one needs you now! :w00t:

Too fucking hard! How does anyone get anywhere in this? Your starting team is just so shit. I actually bought a gold pack which I thought may give me a chance but you only get 1 fucking player in it! This is stupid

Ultimate team is shit anyway unless you're willing to spend most of your time trying to play the auction market instead of, you know, playing the game.

It's the same shit that turned me off GTA V, it's just not fun to be looking at a screen for ages, waiting to see if someone has horrifically undervalued X or when's the best time to sell Y.

Ultimate team is shit anyway unless you're willing to spend most of your time trying to play the auction market instead of, you know, playing the game.

It's the same shit that turned me off GTA V, it's just not fun to be looking at a screen for ages, waiting to see if someone has horrifically undervalued X or when's the best time to sell Y.

I disagree with Ultimate Team being shit. It started you off with a couple good players and eased you into it. And earning a couple packs could really change things for your team quick. This NBA one is like "Fuck you you're shit. Here's a team thats shit. Oh you earned enough for a pack? Well you only get 1 new player you can use for 3 games!"

I just gave this a short test in a store.

I love the controler, not shure about the sound, the glow and the wobbly touchpad yet but overall the way it sits in you hand feels very very good. Asides the touchpad it also seems like it is a lot more robust than your PS3 controler (i never actualy managed to break one, but still it feels more sturdy)

Sadly they only had the PS4s basic software, so no real game. The AR Robots are cute, but i think they could look a bit smother around the edges... mmh.