Serious Parody PSN Game

Naitch

C'mon Stevie, we gave up on 'I HOPE WWE SUE HIS ASS!' years ago, just enjoy laughing at the shit music.

This one is just bland more than anything, I was hoping for 'HAR VEE DEE!....THE COMPLETE DARN SHOW!...VEE DARNINATOR!'

I went to check out their mobile game, Wrestling Manager, on the AppStore. It is $3.99 to buy the game and the price of the in-app purchases are insane!

1. Advanced Starter Pack$4.99
  2. Main Event Pack$9.99
  3. Mid-Card Pack$6.99
  4. Jobber Pack$4.99
  5. Local Promotion Organisation$8.99
  6. Regional Territory$13.99
  7. Millionaire Starter Pack$10.99
  8. Currency Tier 2 Pack$6.99
  9. Super Starter Pack$7.99
  10. Currency Tier 1 Pack$3.99

That is insane. I know in-app purchases can be bad, but it is usually with a free game. Jesus.

So I start looking into this PSN Game and it is even more insane.

The initial roster of the game will feature 8 characters that will be unique to play with. Several DLC packs with new characters will be released along the way. While the developers obviously can’t take advantage of real league or individual wrestler licenses, you may still see some similarities between your favorite wrestlers and 5 Star Wrestling’s roster.

There will be exhibition matches, of course, but there will also be a Challenge Mode catered towards each character, as well as Match Breakdowns that tear apart previous matches and let you know how you played. There will even be some in-game currency that will allow for unlockables and other items to be purchased. However, while 5 Star Wrestling supports local multiplayer, it won’t support online multiplayer.

The price Serious Parody is aiming to charge for the downloadable game ranges between £15-£20 (or $22-$30). The game is expected to be released this summer.

Given the absolute turd of a product they've been showing this 5 Star Wrestling game to be, I think it is quite clear that these guys are most certainly incompetent, unaware of how to properly price a game, sleezy pieces of crap who are willingly to sell a game for $22 with EIGHT playable characters and likely have insanely expensive in-app purchases or a combination of all of above.

This is the type of game I'd expect to be in mid powerbomb and a notification pops up saying 'WOULD YOU LIKE TO CONTINUE THIS POWERBOMB? TO FINISH THIS POWERBOMB SUCCESSFULLY, YOU NEED TO BUY THE POWERBOMB IN-APP PURCHASE FOR $1.99."

• Like 14

C'mon Stevie, we gave up on 'I HOPE WWE SUE HIS ASS!' years ago, just enjoy laughing at the shit music.

This one is just bland more than anything, I was hoping for 'HAR VEE DEE!....THE COMPLETE DARN SHOW!...VEE DARNINATOR!'

HE IS UNIIIIIIIIIIQUE!

OY!

OY!

OY!

HE IS UNIIIIIIIIIIQUE!

• Like 4

I wonder who the eight wrestlers are. At my count we have

1. Not Jeff Hardy

2. Not Randy Orton

3. Not Kurt Angle

4. Not Brock Lesnar

5. Not Rob Van Dam

6. I BELIEVE I saw a Not The Rock somewhere in there as well

I hope the last ones are Not Bobby Lashley and Not Rockstar Spud.

I wonder who the eight wrestlers are. At my count we have

1. Not Jeff Hardy

2. Not Randy Orton

3. Not Kurt Angle

4. Not Brock Lesnar

5. Not Rob Van Dam

6. I BELIEVE I saw a Not The Rock somewhere in there as well

I hope the last ones are Not Bobby Lashley and Not Rockstar Spud.

I assume it's the 8 that were posted a couple of pages back, one was Not Goldberg and I can't remember who the other was

HarrVee Dee is the most hilariously shit one, by a wide margin. It's amazing. Almost a work of art.

At least with Dynamite Pegasus they tried to kind of cram two guys together, and change them up a bit. That's as close to originality as they're likely to get.

• Like 2

That sounds like I Hear voices.. couldn't really see it as a ripoff from anything else.

EDIT: And then there's this.

Raging Andy Organ's theme music from Serious Parody's the upcoming PlayStation 3 game: 5 Star Wrestling.

Edited by EddieG