Serious Parody PSN Game

Naitch

I like the Global mode where Terry Elong comes out and books you in a double man match.

Against The Ovahbakah! Call back participants!

I do think somebody should listen to that interview, though. I wonder if he's still taking credit for inventing Create-A-Story mode. "They stole all of my ideas: in-game menus, wrestlers, promos, you name it!"

• Like 3

Oh come on, as if I'll be able to understand one word that comes out of his Scottish mouth. It's been 7 years and I can barely understand Kaney.

• Like 1

Going through the interview now, about 15 minutes in and what seems to be getting hypes is the limb damage system and the fact the game can be expanded upon with DLC in most areas, everything from new wrestlers, arenas, match types and a CAW system, in talking about the match types they joke about how many matches are listed on Wikipedia then with a slight change you have something new before going all Vince Russo suggesting a cattle prod on a pole match.

Some notes that pop up will be under here, will be edited

- Gregg Harty's finisher is the Tempting Fate

- Andy Organ's move is the RAO

- The game is currently at an "internal beta" stage, they have it finished and are just polishing the turd.

- The Rock clone does the "Rock Bottom no wait a Jabroni Drive" (actual quote)

- Claims they have more moves per wrestler than all other wrestling games from early AKI games, No Mercy and double from the Smackdown games (around 150 their saying for their game)

- Moves do more damage on the outside and all limbs are targetable but legs are more vulerable

- Their idea is their making a game for long term/die hard wrestling fans hence why a lot of the hype is about these systems

- The control system is rather than a hook up then do move 2 sequence (like No Mercy) they have the controls mapped to the right control stick (U/D/L/R) and clicking the stick is a dirty move (low blow) with adjustments with the shoulder buttons (L1/L2/R2) for other moves, the idea is to stop the generic reversal chain before trying to hit a move to make reversals more important. Holding R1 while doing a move will automatically do a go behind for a back grapple move and has the same adjustments as with front moves (L1/L2/R2). The move directions will most likly lead to attacks to that regions (Up = Head, L/R = Arms/Body, D = Legs) but all depends on the wrestler, not all guys have moves for those regions

- The games original title was Empty Arena Wrestling, the idea was the crowd was the easiest thing to remove to focus more on the actual mechanics

- The "joke" is that there are signs saying "rehearsal" meaning this is sort of like a performance centre to explain the lack of a crowd but there is crowd noise to recreate that experience, the idea is this is a start up promotion with a big bankroll and need to rehearse

- They are planning post release support and will update and improve the game as time goes on.

Edited by TheWho87
  • Like 2