Serious Parody PSN Game

Naitch

Presumably this topic got him a lot of website hits from EWB, so he shined up his shoes, put some Pomade in his hair, and set out to charmin'.

I just noticed that the thread has been moved to a Coin Op arcade section. To avoid confusion, I should say that it's not a Coin-op and there's nothing arcady about it.

is one of the more underrated Serious Parody posts if you ask me.

• Like 4

I love how it's a relatively normal discussion until he claims his characters are 100% original whilst actually referencing the ones he ripped off in the same post.

Back to the current game, the music isn't so bad from an actual musical perspective except for Andy Organ's. Possibly the worst vocals I have heard on anything ever.

I love the progression of Serious Parody in the thread.

"Got a new wrestling sim coming out on the Apple Store. Gonna be great!"

"Oh and by the way, all of our characters are 'parodies' of real wrestlers. I know the 'parody' names aren't funny, but............. its still a parody."

"Pssst.... hey.... Additionally, the game is $9.99"

"Andddddddddddd about that $9.99 thing....................................... you know the 'parody' characters? You gotta pay extra if you want more of them. Like... $4 for a pack of them."

"I see no similarities between Rob Van Dam and Rod Damn Van. Two totally different entities. But if they are similar... it is a parody."

"What do you mean my game is a rip off? It is great. So great that WWE stole my idea for their game. We are the victims! They stole my game! Proof? I have no proof they did. Intellectual property law? I have no concept of that. But they ripped my game off... somehow."

"It is hypocritical to accuse the WWE of ripping off my game when I've completely ripped off every single thing about their promotion? STUPID LOSERS ON THE INTERNET, GET LIVES, I'M SO GREAT I MADE A GAME, rah rah rah, etc, etc."

• Like 1