The Summer Transfer Window Thread 2014/15

Lineker

This may have been answered, or is a stupid question, but...

With Man City's restrictions, what's stopping them saying "Oh, we'll buy X player, but we'll pay £5mill upfront, and then £20mill every two years"? Surely they'd escape the rules that way.

The day has come that someone younger than me has signed for Villa. It might be time to give up the dream :(

It'll get to the point where most of your teams starting XI are younger than you. Raheem Sterling was born in 1994 for heaven's sake!

Liverpool are being linked to all the players though

Haha it's true, I mean it's awesome fantasy football stuff if you're a Liverpool fan, some of these would be just awesome... unfortunately given recent form in the market we'll probably end up with one or even none of these guys...

So far I've read:

Lallana

Dejan Lovren

Caulker

Alexis Sanchez

Dani Parejo

Mascherano

A. Song

T. Hazard

Vorm

Bony

W. Carvalho

Emre Can

Michard Richards

James Milner

Alberto Moreno

Luke Shaw

Ryan Bertrand

And i'm probably missing some too

RE: Ameobi, I read today that Hull City was looking to bring him as reinforcement to Long and Jelavic... the paper said he was 'proven' in the EPL... haha

I have seen the Mascherano one somewhat debunked by Tony Barrett who interviewed him a few months ago - Mascherano indicated he'd prefer his next move be back to Argentina. You can add Xherdan Shaqiri to the list of players Liverpool are apparently interested in.

With Man City's restrictions, what's stopping them saying "Oh, we'll buy X player, but we'll pay £5mill upfront, and then £20mill every two years"? Surely they'd escape the rules that way.

Because in accounting terms the cost is taken all in the year of the transfer, it is not on a cash paid basis, in essence you would recognise all the cost and then sit with an amount owed to the other club and pay that off as and when it is due.

The day has come that someone younger than me has signed for Villa. It might be time to give up the dream :(

It'll get to the point where most of your teams starting XI are younger than you. Raheem Sterling was born in 1994 for heaven's sake!

Liverpool are being linked to all the players though

Haha it's true, I mean it's awesome fantasy football stuff if you're a Liverpool fan, some of these would be just awesome... unfortunately given recent form in the market we'll probably end up with one or even none of these guys...

So far I've read:

Lallana

Dejan Lovren

Caulker

Alexis Sanchez

Dani Parejo

Mascherano

A. Song

T. Hazard

Vorm

Bony

W. Carvalho

Emre Can

Michard Richards

James Milner

Alberto Moreno

Luke Shaw

Ryan Bertrand

And i'm probably missing some too

RE: Ameobi, I read today that Hull City was looking to bring him as reinforcement to Long and Jelavic... the paper said he was 'proven' in the EPL... haha

I have seen the Mascherano one somewhat debunked by Tony Barrett who interviewed him a few months ago - Mascherano indicated he'd prefer his next move be back to Argentina. You can add Xherdan Shaqiri to the list of players Liverpool are apparently interested in.

Shaqiri! Shaqiri!

• Like 1

Because in accounting terms the cost is taken all in the year of the transfer, it is not on a cash paid basis, in essence you would recognise all the cost and then sit with an amount owed to the other club and pay that off as and when it is due.

Even if that weren't the case it wouldn't work anyway unless you're only going to sign players for 2 years and then not sign anyone for the next 2

• Admin

I love it when you talk Jewish

• Like 2

If they're going to use an FM method to get a put an otherwise impossible transfer through they should just add a manager and sell themselves the player for free.

You know I hear people talk about Bentaleb as a bust or a failure, but the guy is younger than Jimmy, he plays at a pretty high quality for a ten year old.

• Like 8

Wenger will be given a 100m transfer budget and is likely to sign Karim Benzema, Javi Martinez and Lars Bender.

PSG will try to sign Chelsea's Eden Hazard for about 50m.

Man City have offered Bacary Sagna 150,000/a week so he could sign with them.

Hull are looking at the possibility of signing Sunderland's Seb Larsson.

Leicester City will try to sign Aston Villa's Marc Albrighton and Brighton's Matthew Upson this summer.

Leeds United are keen on Rotherham midfielder Ben Pringle.

I love it when you talk Jewish

:wub:

• Like 1

Wenger will be given a 100m transfer budget and is likely to sign Karim Benzema, Javi Martinez and Lars Bender.

PSG will try to sign Chelsea's Eden Hazard for about 50m.

Man City have offered Bacary Sagna 150,000/a week so he could sign with them.

Hull are looking at the possibility of signing Sunderland's Seb Larsson.

Leicester City will try to sign Aston Villa's Marc Albrighton and Brighton's Matthew Upson this summer.

Leeds United are keen on Rotherham midfielder Ben Pringle.

We won't be signing anyone just yet, we've got too much shit to sort out off the field and even when that's sorted we've got the likes of Hunt, Kenny, Norris and other shit stains to get rid of first