Leaf fans, worry no longer! Winnick will no longer steal us any games! For, he has been traded to the Penguins for a 2nd in 2016, a 4th in 2015 and our new tank commander, Sill!

I think a 2nd is a bit much, alot of Pens fans aren't too happy about that. Just saw that Toronto is retaining half his salary too.

Leaf fans, worry no longer! Winnick will no longer steal us any games! For, he has been traded to the Penguins for a 2nd in 2016, a 4th in 2015 and our new tank commander, Sill!

I think a 2nd is a bit much, alot of Pens fans aren't too happy about that. Just saw that Toronto is retaining half his salary too.

A 2nd is just right for a middle 6 player. What you get is a super solid player, defensively responsible (was one of the better Leaf PKers), can put up some points and was somehow a +13 or 14 on a shitty Leafs team. you're gonna like him.

Pens fans are silly then. The odds of getting a better player than Daniel Winnik with a second round pick aren't great. Of every second rounder picked in 2004, his draft year, 60% (21 of 35) played less than 22 games (I chose that number because that's how many games are left). Only 8 of 35 are on the same level or better than Winnik. The Crosby/Malkin window isn't going to stay open forever. A solid depth pickup is absolutely worth a pick that might turn into a Blake Comeau level player by the time Crosby is 35.

• Like 1

I agree that Pittsburgh needs to do whatever they can to win now, I haven't watched many Leafs games this year, so don't know much about him. But if it helps our bottom six, I'm happy.

Just seems like alot of Pittsburgh fans aren't happy about giving up a pick.

I miss Daniel Winnik, so i'm sure Pens fans will grow to love him.

OTOH sometimes your second round pick turns into Paul Stastny or Ryan O'Reilly.

2nd round picks are decent bets, but a win now team shouldn't be scared to trade them for the right guy. They usually amount to nothing, once in a while you get a decent hand, occasionally you win the lottery. Like in 2007, where only 6 2nd rounders are still active, but one of those is PK Subban. If Pittsburgh's pick turns into PK Subban then they can get mad. But by trading him to Toronto, they've ensured that it wont :(.

Yeah, second round is a decent return. The fourth is cake.

Sill doesn't sound like much of a prospect, was probably added in to balance contracts.

Not a prospect at all. He's almost 27 and is nothing more than a 4th line energy guy.

Clarksons gone!

For Nathan Hortons same length and money contract. I don't know if it's as restricted as Clarksons but he may be able to be put on LTIR next year. I miss Capgeek.

Horton may never play another game. He's gonna go on LTIR just like Pronger and Savard.