I am kind of jealous you guys have Dave Nonis right now. I mean this is probably a better trade than the Luongo deal he made.

• Like 1

Yeah, this is an awesome trade for them. It will only back fire if Horton manages to come back and is a shell of his former self. It's likely he never laces up his skates again, unless the jackets know something we don't, The money it will cost the leafs to pay an injured Horton is absolutely meaningless to them. If Columbus is paying for somebody, they needed it to be a body who actually plays.

Edited by TGWL

So Florida trades Fleishmann for Heatley, another trade that I don't understand. Yandle went to the Rangers but not sure who for at this point in time.

Edit:

Just as I mention that they update who Arizona got with:

• Anthony Duclair
  • 1st-round pick (2016)
  • John Moore

Apparently there is one more in the trade to New York though.

I think Duclair is a fantastic prospect. Good move by the Coyotes. I also think the Rangers made a good deal, and are hoping to go deep in the playoffs again.

TSN and Rogers must be pissed off to see all these deals happen before their deadline specials.

• Like 1

Duclair and a 1st is so steep. I think the Rangers will regret it unless the plan is to lock up Yandle for the rest of his playing days. Even then.

Yeah, I'm not happy with this. I can tell this was done from a win-now perspective. It doesn't hurt us now, but eventually we need those first rounders and high prospects. He was the best prospect we had in a very long time. I would have been more comfortable adding another piece and bringing back Hanzal with him.

I heard that the leafs were close to getting petry but they refused to retain any of dion's salary.

Meh?

Doesn't matter. Robidas has been a bust anyways. Assuming the Leafs brass doesn't get jumpy and try to jumpstart the rebuild, the defence is probably going to be terrible next season once you get passed Reilly, Gardiner, and Dion.

• 2 weeks later...