Nashville Predators (2nd in Central Division) vs. Chicago Blackhawks (3rd in Central Division)

Having watched the Hawks and having seen the Preds quite a lot too, this is a pairing of two bad-looking teams of which either could potentially go deep or even win it all. IF they played up to their potential. After a miraculous first half, the Preds have been cold this whole calendar year. Rinne let a Vezina slip by, and is back to being a mortal. Hawks haven't won a game in two weeks, but they are a playoff team and can tune in quickly. Without their most clutch playoff performer Pat Kane though, I'll take the Preds.

Prediction: Nashville in five games.

Good thing Kane has been medically cleared to play then.

It means regular season record means nothing. What Montreal did from October to January. You know what I meant. Ottawa's caught fire lately and will be a tough team to beat.

Kane being back might tilt the balance a little in the West. Or even in the whole playoffs, If he's healthy enough to make a difference. 9/10 nhl.com experts pick the Hawks to beat the Preds, and 6/10 think they'll go all the way:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=763063&navid=nhl:topheads

I think the Hawks are a bit of a mess, but with the Kings out, Hawks are probably closest to being the team to beat right now. Other teams have to prove they can beat the Hawks, not the other way around, and until they have, Hawks are still "the man".

So am I the only one that thinks Hammond's miracle run is going to end once they hit the playoffs?

I don't know. Sens just lost their assistant coach, and if it's anything like when the Rangers rallied around each other last year when St. Louis went through a mourning, they can be very dangerous.

The first couple of game ones are done. Habs beat the Sens 4-3 after a wild second period. PK Subban probably gets suspended. Isles beat the Caps 4-1.

In Nasvhille, the Predators started fast and took a 3-0 lead after one. But then the Hawks took over, and it's 3-3 after two. Flames - Canucks just started.

It was so dangerous, and he was injured so much that he was back within two shifts.

It doesn't matter if he wasn't injured. Subban intended to injure. It wasn't a hockey play. Whether Subban was successful in his goal of causing injury is irrelevant.

The referee threw out Subban before knowing whether Stone was hurt or not. I think the call was right, and I think missing that game is enough punishment for PK. Ottawa has to move on from it - if they go looking for retribution, they will lose game 2.