I don't think it was embellished. It's a dangerous play especially for Crosby and his concussion issues. However, with that being said, I say embellish a few more because the refs seem blind to anything the Rangers do but they have their eagle eyes on when it comes to the Pens.

He was basically skating straight until Crosby turned towards him. There wasn't much contact at all. I would have been fine with them calling a penalty on that, but I still think that was embellishment.

I don't think the refs have eagle eyes on Penguins. I think the penalties they're taking are avoidable and stupid penalties to take. They're not borderline penalties. I don't see that lasting all series as Penguins seem to stop taking them after the first periods.

Frustrating game, especially since the Rangers get away with a clear penalty that lead to the second goal. But Pittsburgh didn't do themselves any favors with a really average first period. Here's hoping they come out in game 4 like they did in game 2.

I really feel for the Jets. Big Byfuglien has been awful for them and they really have their backs up against a wall here, but the fans chanting them on after the game is such a great thing for Winnipeg.

It was not my night in the hockey world tonight. I expected the Habs to take out Ottawa and was hoping that the Pens could tie the series. Neither happened. I fear the Pens are done for this year.

I unfortunately think they are. Three of the top defensemen are out, Malkin is obviously hurt, Dupuis is also out, Crosby's line can only do so much. It's a shame cause MJ has been a good coach in this series and MAF has been amazing, and if healthy, I truly think they would be beating the Rangers. Edited by Hewey

A wild Slogger appears in the NHL thread! That can only mean one thing, The Ducks are in the playoffs! (Not because I've had tunnel vision on one thing for the last 6 months...)

Since the last time I checked we've lost Teemu to retirement (for realsies this time :() Hiller to FA, Aquired and then Traded away Heatley and Smith-Pelly but on the flip side brought in The Wiz and Kesler (Who immediately made a fan out of me today) Now we've swept the Jets (You're welcome Plubby) and have some time to rest up before we play Calgary in the second round because Vancouver are not allowed by NHL by-laws to never ever ever advance past the first round. (Or was that San Jose?)

Edited by Slogger

Edmonton needs to destroy their coaching staff and they might be able to do something with these talents they're getting.

Coaching, management, and ownership. Did you know Daryl Katz, Oilers owner, is currently suing the Eerie Otters, Conner McDavid's team?

When the Oilers staff makes their way to announce their first pick, Bettman should whip out a SPAS-12 and spray them all with hot death, take the microphone and say "you're welcome", and then try and reign in the thunderous applause he'd get for ending what has been over a decade of awful management in Edmonton.

That story is just greasy. Katz did some underhanded shit there.

Essentially he wanted to move Eerie to Hamilton so he could have a full time tenant for the Hamilton arena, so he could blackmail the city of Edmonton by threatening to move the Oilers to Hamilton.

Wait, for real?

What grounds does he have to sue Eerie? That's stupid.

I really hope McDavid pulls a Lindros. Come to the Leafs, we'll treat you right :(

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/hockey-lawsuit-exposes-grimy-underside-of-sports-ownership/article22646466/?service=mobile

And McDavid isn't pulling a Lindros.

Ugh what a shitty way for Pittsburgh to go out. Man, this could have been their series if they hadn't had so many injuries. Congrats to the Rangers, but this is just some horrible luck. I hope Shane Doan gets Matt Cooked by someone for what he did to Letang.

The Pens played sloppy. Sure there were tons of injuries but the stronger team picks up and finds a way to work with those injuries. The Pens never figured this out. I said to my girlfriend that with the way Malkin has played over the last couple years, I wouldn't mind management putting him out there and seeing what they could get for him. Keep Crosby, and build a better core around him. I can't even blame Fleury for any of it and I have an incredible dislike of him.

• Like 1

Malkin played badly cause he's obviously injured. Fleury was amazing, shame his best playoff performance in years was with a team missing five of their top six defensemen. And I doubt many teams would have found a way to win without five of their top five defensemen.

Ugh can't believe the Pens wasted a first round pick on Perron cause he's been horrible outside his first few games with the Penguins.

I'm not convinced that Malkin is all that injured. He's shown that he's able to pick up his game. He just seems to do it when it's too late. He reminds me a lot of a guy like Alexei Yashin. All the talent in the world but plays very lazy a lot of the time.

I'm not convinced that Malkin is all that injured. He's shown that he's able to pick up his game. He just seems to do it when it's too late. He reminds me a lot of a guy like Alexei Yashin. All the talent in the world but plays very lazy a lot of the time.

He's been able to pick it up a bit, but you can tell he's playing through something. He was hurt a few times before the season ended and rushed back to push them for the playoffs, but just looking at him you can tell he's playing through injuries, just like Crosby a year ago.