Or lose in OT twice, right?

Yeah, if they lose both their next two in OT, yeah, they'll have 98 points and push Boston or Ottawa out depending on how they do. Hopefully Pittsburgh finds a way to beat the Islanders tomorrow or atleast get a point and then beat Buffalo on Saturday. Nervous about tomorrow's game, the Islanders have owned the Pens this season, and now they're playing a pretty battered Pittsburgh team.

Edited by Hewey

Buffalo has 30th locked down, right? Wouldn't be surprised to see them come out and play to win.

Yeah, hoping Pittsburgh plays with six defensemen, but even then, if they can't get by the lowly Sabres, then this team needs some serious shaking up outside the core.

Hoping they make the playoffs, but man, no Letang for the rest of the season, it's gonna be hard for them to go far.

If they had lost to Buffalo I'd have been pissed. Not sure how they're going to fare against the Rangers though. It's going to be a rough one.

Yeah, no Letang is gonna be rough, especially if Ehrhoff isn't ready either. Just hoping for a good effort from them.

http://epoole88.tumblr.com/image/116197949740

Leafs also fired 18 scouts, which might be one of their real problems.

EASTERN CONFERENCE

New York Rangers (1st in Metropolitan Division) vs. Pittsburgh Penguins (2nd wild card)
The Rangers were my pick to win last season, before the season started. I like what they have. Best defense you will find anywhere, top class goaltending, they also went deep last year. What's not to like? Problem is the Penguins are a mystery team. They have the single best hockey player in the world playing for them. Despite their recent slump, they have unbelievable potential if they manage to break through. A tough matchup to predict.
Prediction: New York Rangers in seven games.

Montréal Canadiens (1st in Atlantic Division) vs. Ottawa Senators (1st wild card)
Regular season means nothing. The hottest team will advance, and there's no team hotter than the Ottawa Senators. Hamburglar will lead the Sens to victory. The Habs will maybe take one game, but this won't be too close.
Prediction: Ottawa Senators in five games.

Tampa Bay Lightning (2nd in Atlantic Division) vs. Detroit Red Wings (3rd in Atlantic Division)
The Bolts haven't proven to be a great playoff team yet. The Red Wings are traditionally a successful franchise. However, they've been kind of bad for a couple of years now. Beyond the top two teams, this division was a little easy, so don't be fooled by "ooh it's the Red Wings". This is not a contending team. They'll still put a scare on Bolts fans, but this series is Tampa's to lose.
Prediction: Tampa Bay Lightning in six games.

Washington Capitals (2nd in Metropolitan Division) vs. New York Islanders (3rd in Metropolitan Division)
A team on the rise against a one-trick pony. Well, the Caps do have more structure this season with Barry Trotz, and Ovechkin isn't a minus million. Still, I like the Islanders here a lot. They are a fun team to watch, and if they play up to their potential, they will break Holtby and advance. Ovechkin will be closely guarded, and can not and will not score.
Prediction: New York Islanders in four games.

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Anaheim Ducks (1st in Pacific Division) vs. Winnipeg Jets (2nd wild card)
Ducks looked solid in the regular season, but the Jets have been impressive lately. Neither team has quality goaltending, so I don't expect either to advance past round one, but it'll be a damn good battle here. The Ducks have some of the biggest stars in the league, but I'll take the Jets in a 7-game series. It'll come down to heart, and a single bounce. Who has it, and who doesn't.
Prediction: Winnipeg Jets in seven games.

St. Louis Blues (1st in Central Division) vs. Minnesota Wild (1st wild card)
The Blues have their share of playoff ghosts to shed. A perennial post-season underachiever, after the regular season they had, this team needs to win this year. Problem is, they just got unlucky and are facing the single hottest team in the league. Ever since Devan Dubnyk joined the Wild he's been like a godking from Mount Olympus, or something. The Blues might be the higher seed, but I really don't think they have much of a chance here. The Wild are stingy, they play tight, they have unreal goaltending and regular season means nothing.
Prediction: Minnesota Wild in four games.

Vancouver Canucks (2nd in Pacific Division) vs. Calgary Flames (3rd in Pacific Division)
The Flames have been doing well lately, but they don't really have the kind of material to go deep. The Canucks don't either, but they've got a pair of superstars that can make a difference here. It's a tough matchup to predict, and I like the Flames better, but honestly I've got to pick the Nucks.
Prediction: Vancouver Canucks in six games.

Nashville Predators (2nd in Central Division) vs. Chicago Blackhawks (3rd in Central Division)
Having watched the Hawks and having seen the Preds quite a lot too, this is a pairing of two bad-looking teams of which either could potentially go deep or even win it all. IF they played up to their potential. After a miraculous first half, the Preds have been cold this whole calendar year. Rinne let a Vezina slip by, and is back to being a mortal. Hawks haven't won a game in two weeks, but they are a playoff team and can tune in quickly. Without their most clutch playoff performer Pat Kane though, I'll take the Preds.
Prediction: Nashville in five games.

And I think we'll see the Wild beat the Senators in the cup finals. Unless the Rangers and Chris Kreider can knock off the Hamburglar in the East Finals!

Bracket_Lari.jpg

So am I the only one that thinks Hammond's miracle run is going to end once they hit the playoffs?

I think it could end as soon as the first round, but I got them beating Montreal and then getting beat by Tampa. Wouldn't shock me if Ottawa got eliminated in ugly fashion.