Jesus Christ, if it wasn't for Fleury, Pittsburgh would be getting killed in some of these games. I can't believe they have been this bad lately, and tonight's game was another one where they couldn't beat a division opponent. I wasn't expecting Pittsburgh to have the same kind of regular season success they had under Bylsma, but this is just horrible right now. I can see Johnston getting fired if Pittsburgh gets eliminated in the first, or if they lose in some embarrassing fashion. As bad as Bylsma was, and he totally deserved to be fired, at least under him the Penguins didn't look this bad, hell, he did more with less last year.

I don't agree with the "More with less" statement but the rest is pretty spot on. This has been embarrassing over the last couple games, with the Washington game still being the worst. Pens need to figure it out quick or they're not going to amount to anything come playoff time.

I don't agree with the "More with less" statement but the rest is pretty spot on. This has been embarrassing over the last couple games, with the Washington game still being the worst. Pens need to figure it out quick or they're not going to amount to anything come playoff time.

Bylsma had more injuries last year and they owned their division all year, hell, they were first in the conference till they came back from the Olympics where everyone came back playing badly.

Johnston had injuries too, but the line up is pretty healthy as of late, and they're still playing horribly.

The Bruins and Pens trying to continue with the core of their past cup winning teams is finally catching up to them; more so the Bruins but neither team has found a way to fix their defensive issues from the last few seasons so I laugh. Though the Kings, Hawks and Wings are all probably guilty of the same thing.

Leafs are gonna bust out a couple game winning streak sometime before seasons end to really hammer the worse pick and shit season home.

The Bruins and Pens trying to continue with the core of their past cup winning teams is finally catching up to them; more so the Bruins but neither team has found a way to fix their defensive issues from the last few seasons so I laugh.

Pens don't really have issues with defense, they're not scoring goals, which is what got them eliminated the last two years.
  • Like 1

The Bruins and Pens trying to continue with the core of their past cup winning teams is finally catching up to them; more so the Bruins but neither team has found a way to fix their defensive issues from the last few seasons so I laugh.

Pens don't really have issues with defense, they're not scoring goals, which is what got them eliminated the last two years.

yeah definitely not from having games with Philly that reached over 10 goals combined multiple times in a series :rolleyes:

Not really here for an argument but I don't really think Pittsburgh giving up 3 or more goals in the playoffs on average against teams like Columbus, the Islanders and Philly to be a stout defense. Just my opinion lol.

yeah definitely not from having games with Philly that reached over 10 goals combined multiple times in a series :rolleyes:

Not really here for an argument but I don't really think Pittsburgh giving up 3 or more goals in the playoffs on average against teams like Columbus, the Islanders and Philly to be a stout defense. Just my opinion lol.

I meant the Boston series and the Rangers series. Yeah, the Philly series was a mess, and they had won against the Islanders and CBJ after a few scares, but the last two years came down to not getting goals.

The Philly series was a shitty team game not just the defence. It was shit from the Fleury right through to Crosby.

I would love to have Staal back if it's an option....hell bring in both brothers but I really don't see it happening.

I can see it happening, but I think it will cost too much, I really don't wanna give up too many prospects and then with the cap, it'll be a guarantee that they won't be able to keep Martin or Ehrhoff. Depends how bad GMJR wants him in Pittsburgh.