Pens tie the series up! Excellent game from them, but geez, the officiating is just downright horrible in this series. Pittsburgh definitely deserved their penalties, but the Rangers seem to get away with a ton of shit.

Edmonton needs to destroy their coaching staff and they might be able to do something with these talents they're getting.

Coaching, management, and ownership. Did you know Daryl Katz, Oilers owner, is currently suing the Eerie Otters, Conner McDavid's team?

When the Oilers staff makes their way to announce their first pick, Bettman should whip out a SPAS-12 and spray them all with hot death, take the microphone and say "you're welcome", and then try and reign in the thunderous applause he'd get for ending what has been over a decade of awful management in Edmonton.

I was hoping for a Colorado win for the lottery. They've got a lot of good players and it would be great to see them return to prominence with McDavid on the team.

Looks like Ottawa has figured out Hammond can't stand up against Montreal. Goalie change tonight.

How many times in is this now that the Oilers had the #1 pick in the last few years? And I assume when they didn't have #1, they were still in the top 10? Something is seriously wrong, you should be accidentally good with that much talent.

In other news JOHN TAVARES WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Edmonton needs to destroy their coaching staff and they might be able to do something with these talents they're getting.

Coaching, management, and ownership. Did you know Daryl Katz, Oilers owner, is currently suing the Eerie Otters, Conner McDavid's team?

When the Oilers staff makes their way to announce their first pick, Bettman should whip out a SPAS-12 and spray them all with hot death, take the microphone and say "you're welcome", and then try and reign in the thunderous applause he'd get for ending what has been over a decade of awful management in Edmonton.

That story is just greasy. Katz did some underhanded shit there.

Essentially he wanted to move Eerie to Hamilton so he could have a full time tenant for the Hamilton arena, so he could blackmail the city of Edmonton by threatening to move the Oilers to Hamilton.

Pens tie the series up! Excellent game from them, but geez, the officiating is just downright horrible in this series. Pittsburgh definitely deserved their penalties, but the Rangers seem to get away with a ton of shit.

I think the issue is Penguins are spending some much time on the PK, they're not getting a lot of chances for the Rangers to take penalties...which actually might be better because every time Rangers get some momentum they end up with a power play that completely takes all their momentum away. With that said, the Penguins did score 2 powerplay goals on very questionable penalties, especially the one where a player was tripped by a ghost.

That story is just greasy. Katz did some underhanded shit there.

Essentially he wanted to move Eerie to Hamilton so he could have a full time tenant for the Hamilton arena, so he could blackmail the city of Edmonton by threatening to move the Oilers to Hamilton.

Wait, for real?

What grounds does he have to sue Eerie? That's stupid.

I really hope McDavid pulls a Lindros. Come to the Leafs, we'll treat you right :(

I think the issue is Penguins are spending some much time on the PK, they're not getting a lot of chances for the Rangers to take penalties...which actually might be better because every time Rangers get some momentum they end up with a power play that completely takes all their momentum away. With that said, the Penguins did score 2 powerplay goals on very questionable penalties, especially the one where a player was tripped by a ghost.
Yeah, that tripping penalty was ridiculous, gotta agree there. I wouldn't worry about the Rangers PP, it seemed dead for the first five games against the Pens last year, and then it came back to win them some games.

As for penalties not being called, Haglin pretty much running over Crosby with a shot to the head should have been called.

I suspect the Pens can actually upset the Rangers here. I'm pulling for that.

I think Ottawa was going to get blown out. An easy statement to make when the Habs are 3-0 up but that was why I reacted like I did to that post earlier.

I'd like nothing more than to see the Jets and Wild blown the FUCK out. But for the Blues to get bounced shortly thereafter if they play Elliott EVER again this playoffs.

I'd be OK with either the Caps or Isles winning it all and it saddens me that they're on the same side of the East bracket.

What the fuck has happened in this world that the Canucks are the faces of a series. Jesu Cristo.

This has been Plubby's Playoff Hot Take :shifty:

Poor Ottawa. Cinderella end to the season and they may end up getting nerfed out of the playoffs in a sweep. I was predicting them to win, but that is because I live in the City and hope they do good.

Either way, I'm planning on making some trips to Montreal in the next few weeks, so I'm hoping Pittsburgh (somehow) advances to the conference finals and ends up against Montreal.

Yeah, that tripping penalty was ridiculous, gotta agree there. I wouldn't worry about the Rangers PP, it seemed dead for the first five games against the Pens last year, and then it came back to win them some games.

As for penalties not being called, Haglin pretty much running over Crosby with a shot to the head should have been called.

Yeah, I would have been alright with that call being made, especially because it wasn't needed. I do this Crosby embellished quite a bit on that though.