Champions League 2014/15

DFF

Absolutely, but aside from the one worldy season he had at United when he started a lot of games, his best form has come from the bench. Maybe he does need another long run of starts, but as I said when he went to Madrid, that won't be the place that he'll get it.

Sterling needs a rest and Markovic is getting thrown in at the deep end a bit.

Sturridge should be back soon. One up front is not helping anyone nor is Rickie Lambert coming on slow down our attacks even further.

Liverpool look to have no idea how to cope with anything, on the pitch and off. No idea who to buy for the tactics of the team, no idea how to string together anything positive on the pitch. Balotelli just does not work with this side. His movement is detrimental to the team. I just don't get why we've bought a striker who doesn't hustle, and doesn't seem to comprehend the offside rule.

To be fair, there are many problems with this Liverpool side. I don't mean to single out Balotelli as the problem of Liverpool because there are more than him. To discuss them all, however, would just be too lengthy.

The problem Balotelli has, I think, is he's in a team that aren't quite sure what to do with him yet. Add in that on either side of him going forward he has Sterling, who has been great, but needs a rest soon and Markovic who himself is getting used to being in a new team and probably wouldn't be playing if Sturridge was fit. Coutinho offers very little going forward. Neuters everything. Liverpool's greatest attacking threats aren't in the team (one because he's been sold/is banned and the other is injured).

I hope it'll come together but the latter half of last season is giving a lot of hype for a team that didn't even start playing well until after getting thrashed by Hull last year.