Champions League 2014/15

DFF

I definitely agree with a lot of your points, Hobo. I think Markovic can become good, he just needs time, although some of his simple things like poor first touch should never be happening as often as it is. Balotelli needs to move more for this team to work, and I just don't think he is capable of that. I still maintain Bony would've been a better buy. Sterling definitely needs to be managed better too.

I for one am so glad we got Alexis rather than Ballotelli.

Was a really good game, disappointing to lose a goal and for chesney to get red carded again but overall we looked like scoring everytime we went forward. I wasn't sold on Welbeck and never really liked him but he's shown tonight a poacher might be just what we need sometimes.

I'm so glad we got Ospina rather than Balotelli.

Yup. I'd rather have not strengthened our forward line than get him.

The front 3 of Sanchez - Welbz - OxCham looked brutal. Playing Ozil and Santi in the middle will work against poor teams like tonight but I'm excited about our midfield when they're all fit. Ramsey, Walcott etc. can all come into it too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Admin
Man City: Hart, Kolarov, Mangala, Kompany ©, Zabaleta, Fernando, Toure, Milner, Silva, Dzeko, Aguero.
Subs: Caballero, Clichy, Sagna, Demichelis, Fernandinho, Navas, Jovetic
Frank Lampard misses the game after injuring his thigh in the weekend win over Tottenham.
Elsewhere, Arsenal will not face charges over flares thrown on the pitch in their Champions League game with Galatasaray after Uefa dropped disciplinary action. European football's governing body have fined Galatasaray £39,570 for their part in the disturbance. A statement added that the Turkish club must pay to repair damage caused to the Emirates Stadium by visiting fans.

He jests but another season without champion's league football and 650 would be considered a sell out at Old Trafford.

• Like 2

Aaaaand the referee costs us a spot in the next round now, surely.

Or your teams inability to see out a game when they were winning 2-0....

Or the referee failing to give a stonewall penalty when we were 2-0 up...

I like this game!

I'd love to see one game that Man City loses when there isn't a complaint to be had about the referee, the opposition players' conduct or decisions within the game.

These might have been legitimate gripes, but your 'Man City losing' posts are almost cliche.

• Like 1