FIFA 15

Dan

Oh it'd most likely be the Xbone since id generally like to get both consoles at some point but I suppose it depends what's available to me first.

I'd have very happily got it on 360 if they didn't remove this for no good fucking reason.

Yeah I really like the demo. Everything feels better. Presentation is great, atmosphere feels more realistic, plays better, and I liked that as I was 2-1 up late on Man City started pumping the ball in to the box and leaving loads of gaps at the back in trying to find an equaliser.

Great stuff.

Yeah I really like the demo. Everything feels better. Presentation is great, atmosphere feels more realistic, plays better, and I liked that as I was 2-1 up late on Man City started pumping the ball in to the box and leaving loads of gaps at the back in trying to find an equaliser.

Great stuff.

Yeah, I changed to "all out attack" for shits and giggles and Martin Skrtel of all people was just forever bombing forward like Frank Lampard.

I just played a game where I was City against Liverpool and Mignolet was saving absolutely everything, even making double saves when I pounced in for the rebound. Was ridiculous since it was like 0-0 with me having had 12 shots on target, then in the last minute I tried a hopeful potshot that was going wide and it hit Glen Johnson's in the chest and dribbled over the line with Mignolet stranded. DZepyH5.gifDZepyH5.gifDZepyH5.gifDZepyH5.gifDZepyH5.gifDZepyH5.gif

Then I realised I had it set to all out attack and then countered from a corner with like Sturridge, Sterling and Lallana against Demichelis and luckily Hart saved me so still DZepyH5.gif

First thoughts on demo:

Graphics and presentation are absolutely amazing. Probably helped that I'm new to the generation of consoles but the way players move and the way the grass wears as the game goes on is astounding. Premier League presentation is very snazzy too. The pace of the game is perfect and I feel they sorted the horrific first touch players seemed to have on 14. Keepers are noticeably better and make realistic, clever decisions.

One thing I've noticed is how exposed teams leave themselves when trailing by a goal near the end. I scored 3 goals in the last 10 mins against Dortmund with PSG when I was only 1-0 up. Way too easy to shred them on the counted because of how many men they committed forward.

Overall very excited for this and hopefully we have a decent PS4 community here to have clubs/leagues!

What impresses me about the demo is that it is supposedly an alpha or pre alpha version of the full game.

Really excited for the final game!!

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, this game is so rad. I am beyond pumped for the full game.

Something I think they've really nailed, at least from what I can see, is player likenesses. I don't just mean in appearance, either. I think a lot of players play amazingly like their real-life counterparts, and when you've figured out how to utilize a player's strengths, it feels fucking incredible. I wouldn't expect EVERYONE IN FIFA to be accurate to real-life because that's just asking far too much considering how many players and leagues are in the game, but I think this is a great use of the new-gen's tech to utilize more power to get players to where they ought to be. For example, guys like Neymar and Reus are just absolute wizards with their feet. They're fun to play with and they're just so, so dangerous dribbling the ball. Ibrahimovic is a threat every time he's got the ball, and he uses his size incredibly well. Messi is deceptive as shit and surprisingly strong, and guys like Gerrard and Xavi can just spray the ball all over the pitch with ease. And hot damn, can Gerrard bomb a shot.

My favourite player to play with has honestly been Sven Bender on Dortmund. I admittedly don't really know much about him, but in one game, I discovered just how incredible of a long-distance shot he has, and any time I've played with him, he's had multiple amazing long-distances chances/goals in a game. Almost every one of his shots just dips and curves like crazy, and it's insanely fun to shoot the ball with him. It's just really, really cool to feel like once you've got someone figured out, you can utilize them really well. And playing against the AI, especially on World Class, you can really see players' playing styles come into play. It's awesome.

Also, dem ball physics, man. They're incredible. They really help to make every shot feel unique, and some of the bounces I've seen off defenders, off keepers, off 50/50 balls has been awesome. It's also opened a subtle, but incredible amount of new-found depth to the passing and shooting that I love. I really feel like when you score a bending/curving shot, it was because of the most subtle little flick of the controller. It feels awesome.

• Like 2

Upon reading this thread and hearing some rave reviews from friends, I'm gonna have to fire up the demo tonight.

Have the ultimate edition or whatever pre-ordered for PS4, I usually suck at Fifa compared to other sports games but some online matches and matches on harder difficulty should fix that up after a week or so.