Football Manager 2015

Dan

As an aside, in the same save, Newcastle were relegated, so I made a second save game and took over, I cleared out all the disgruntled players and replaced them with Championship experience, younger players, bargains, frees and loans at a £70m profit. Obviously, the squad isn't as good as it was (if it was at all) but in a few years, it might be.

nufc2.png

Starting line up for the first game, only missing the injured Lascalles at CB

nufc1.png

• Like 3

Taking over at Plymouth, no money and less wage budget. Time to hit up the loan market.

Joel Pereira comes in to provide competition in goal from Man Utd, Joe Rothwell joins as well. West Brom provide two players also, striker Kemar Roofe and left-back Bradley Garmston. Luke O'Neill comes in from Burnley and Omar Rowe from Southampton, Hiram Boateng joins from Crystal Palace. Hoping to pick up at least Pereira and Roofe when their contracts run at the end of the season.

My one permanent signing is Valentin Gjokaj on a free transfer.

Beat Cambridge in my first game, then triumphed over Reading in the League Cup. A visit to Swansea awaits in the next round.

There never seems to be reasonable fees in this year's game. They either demand £100mil+for decent players to ward you off or you get fortunate with timing and get a cut price deal. There seems to be very little middle ground

Started a game with Inverness Caledonian Thistle.

I have no strikers and its going to be hard to get a striker in with little money. Got a decent little squad available, hopefully I can push into the European places this season and have a good cup run. 

Got back into my Everton game yesterday. In pursuit of a third title in three seasons, but just can't get near tycoon-owned Arsenal. 6 points behind with 11 games to go and the United job comes up, with Jose being sacked having spent most od the season thus far outside of the top 4.

I couldn't decide whether I wanted to jump ship or not, so interviewed and demanded the world in terms of transfer and wage budgets. Didn't  get it, then watched my Everton side only manage a draw at Norwich. I immediately wished I'd tried harder to get the United job. Even more frustrating when Arsenal then go and lose at Stoke. So we're now 5 behind with 10 to play, but we've got very similar run ins. I reckon we might need to win all 10 to snatch the title and I can't see that happening. :(

Grr.

I started up a new game as unemployed and got a job in Gibraltar. I started checking on international teams and the players that are free. So this fella from Solomon Islands or whatever doesn't want to join because I'm only semi-pro. You fucker, you are busy kicking a coconut around on a beach for free.

• Like 5

Managed to snatch the title from Arsenal and (to a lesser extent) Chelsea, despite slipping up a couple of times. Arsenal went five without a win to aee their 6 point lead become a 3 point deficit.

We then proceeded to lose at home to Chelsea to let them back into the race, but hung on to win it by 3 points.

We also put Barca out of the CL after losing the first leg 4-2 in the Nou Camp, only to lose to PSG in the semis - a tie we eould have cruised had Seamus Coleman not got himself sent off in the home leg.

Then we went and lost 3-1 to Chelsea in the FA Cup final after absolutely dominating the game. Frustrating to see my strikers continually choke in big games. Doesn't help that Lukaku has spent most of the season injured.

All this means I now have itchy feet. The Dortmund job is available and Barcelona have already come knocking. Will either be one of those two or one more season with Everton to try and win the CL. Decisions, decisions.

I can't even change his contract, so he is the highest paid player in my team, the greedy bastard.

2015_08_26_00001.jpg

Check those mighty stats. 4 for concentration. Instead of half time oranges I'm giving him Ritalin.

• Like 2