The Simpsons

Lord Nibbler

I'm also torn about this simpsons movie, whilst I know it'll be alright, I didn't like the Family Guy movie at all and the south park movie was incredibly average and annoyed me. Still, I MAY watch it when it comes out on DVD, but unless people start raving about it, I won't go, I don't think.

I'm also torn about this simpsons movie, whilst I know it'll be alright, I didn't like the Family Guy movie at all and the south park movie was incredibly average and annoyed me. Still, I MAY watch it when it comes out on DVD, but unless people start raving about it, I won't go, I don't think.

SACRILEGE!!! The South Park movie was IMMENSE!!

I tend to agree with YI, South Park Movie was awesome.

I watched it last night with some buddies and there's seriously not five seconds in this movie that I wasn't laughing, like... jesus that was amaizng, they never fucked one thing up, left enough things lying around for fans to see, and never made a point to reference old episodes so that someone that's not as big of a fan couldn't follow along. I loved seeing the ambulance that Homer dropped out of at the Gorge after all these years.

That was fucking immense, A++ as far as I'm concerned.

The Family Guy movie was hardly a movie, since it turned into a three episode arch that aired for free on TV anyways. That pissed me off.

I loved the opening of the movie, and the jokes were all solid, but to me it just seemed like too many jokes strung together, and it was too much of a long Simpson's episode. I was hoping for more of a movie-type thing here, not a long-winded episode. I still liked it though, it just wasn't all that immense.

And Homer flipping through the bible and saying "THERE'S NO ANSWERS IN THIS BOOK" was my favorite part.

I kinda felt embarrased since nobody, not even the adults, laughed at the rock and a hard place joke, only I did. And people where staring at me like "WTF?". Man, people in Puerto Rico NEED to learn more english. Some of my favorites:

"I think I like men now"- Ralph after a naked Bart skates by

Maggie breaking her baby bottle to keep Timmy at bay

EVERYTHING with the pig was gold!

Homer getting stuck in the hole while giving all of Springfield the finger

The scene with Homer and the wolves

man...I think the whole movie!!

Seriously, it may have felt like a longer TV episode, but a really good episode!!

Having seen it, I must say that it is a movie I would gladly pick up on DVD. I rate it just above ATHF:MFFT in terms of best animated movie this year and one of my top five favorites this year.

The lack of many side characters was an unfortunate aspect, but then again, I think they knew nothing from one of Springfield's own could top Burns blocking out the sun. That said, The Simpsons Movie did what I thought ATHF occasionally tried too hard to do: utilize the creative freedom being on the big screen gives. A lot of the jokes reminded me of the times this show was the most controversial and daring thing on the tube.

I LOVED this movie.

I think the most amazing part about it was the fact that after 20 years, they somehow managed to put out something that wasn't just decent or above average, they made a damn good movie. 400 episodes in, and they still had an idea for a movie that worked better than anything from the last few seasons. This movie took me back to what made me fall in love with The Simpsons - quirky, irreverent humor with a lot of heart. Far exceeded my admittedly low expectations and definitely worth the $10.

And Marge saying "Somebody throw the goddamn bomb" could be the funniest Simpsons moment ever.

Am I the only one that found the Tom Hanks part funny? Or was that just really far down everyone else's lists? :P

The Tom Hanks bit was fantastic. It wasn't just you.

Also, my one minor quibble with the film was that whilst Albert Brooks was fantastic as Russ Cargill, that had a lot to do with the fact that he was just playing Hank Scorpio again. Still, great movie.

I would say that he's much closer to being Tab Spangler; hell I forgot what his name was and thought that it actually was him;

The_Heartbroke_Kid.jpgRuss_Cargill.png

I forgot Tabs name too and thought it was the same guy. Until I saw Tab in the background of one of the scenes