Summer Transfer Window Thread 2015

Rich

Good lord, things are getting a bit tense over in Italy over this Mohammed Salah thing.

To summarise:

Last January, Salah went on loan from Chelsea to Fiorentina, where he did rather well. Fiorentina would like to extend this loan. Salah himself would not like to do this, having been a bit annoyed that the manager he got on with, Vincenzo Montella, was sacked last month and replaced with Paulo Sousa. 

In an attempt to smooth this over, Fiorentina started negotiating to offer Salah more money to stay. How can they do this on a loan? By buying him, of course. There was also a Future Fee option in the original loan deal, technically to become valid at the end of next season, but could be brought forward. Chelsea don't appear to be bothered by this.

However. Other Italian clubs have also noticed how well Salah has done over the past six months and are interested in securing his services. One such club is Inter Milan, who are not only able to offer a larger transfer fee than was agreed with Fiorentina (20m euros as opposed to, I think, about 12m euros)...but Salah actually seems more interested in joining, having apparently become sufficiently annoyed with Fiorentina to want alternatives. Again, Chelsea are not exactly fussed at earning an extra 8m euros if that fits in with what Salah wants, and this option seems to be gathering momentum.

The issue, it seems, is that even though Future Fees and such have been agreed between the two clubs, you kind of need the agreement of the player himself for them to actually to happen. The result is that Fiorentina are PISSED.

Especially their Vice-President:

"Dear Giovanni [Malago], Salah is the final straw. We can no longer tolerate that signatures and rules are worth less than zero."

"If football clubs were to respect transparency rules, then Inter would already have been relegated. Whose money is it being used, is it starting from the Cayman Islands?"

"Michel Platini knows that Inter have broken the Uefa Fair Play rules. For Salah and other players who cost millions. This is the chance to make an example of them"

That is from Fiorentina VP, Paolo Panerai, addressed to the President of the Italian National Olympic Committee (CONI). Why is he writing to the President of the Italian National Olympic Committee? I HAVEN'T A CLUE.

Inter Milan have made this response to said comments:

F.C. Internazionale announces that it has read with great astonishment the comments made by the Paolo Panerai on his personal Twitter account.

It is not acceptable for anybody to talk out of turn about our club, casting doubt over its solidity and transparency. It is not acceptable for anybody to offend our club and, as a consequence, our fans, with comments that are utterly lacking in foundation.

F.C. Internazionale is dismayed by the request for exemplary sporting action to be taken against the club, given that it and many other clubs has just signed a public agreement with UEFA to respect the FFP regulations.

Given that Fiorentina is clearly attempting to involve Inter in a matter that doesn't concern it, in order to cover up a problem between Fiorentina and the player Mohamed Salah, F.C. Internazionale will make recourse to any authority necessary in order to protect its image and integrity.

agJIP.gif

• Like 6

Isn't that essentially what's happening with Southampton and Spurs at the minute regarding the Tobes deal?

Dunno. I've not been following that one.

Much as we all love Tobes... :shifty:

• Like 2

Yeh it's pretty much identical. Supposedly Atletico had to pay to end a clause that Southampton could purchase Tobes for so much. 

Really I don't see why Southampton and Fiorentina are kicking off. It just means you can possibly buy the player for a certain value. It doesn't mean the player is theirs they've still gotta negotiate a contract and decide if they wanna go there. 

Damien Duff seems to be heading towards a move to Shamrock Rovers because he wants to finish his career playing in Ireland.

Capoue's a weird one. He started really, really well, but never reached those heights again. He really fell out of favour with Poch, and I don't think we've seen him play for like 4 months, so it's not surprising he's gone. That's 3 central midfielders gone in this window, so would be very happy to see us put the money on one player we really need in the centre of the park. It almost definitely won't be Schneiderlin now, so who knows.

Damien Duff seems to be heading towards a move to Shamrock Rovers because he wants to finish his career playing in Ireland.

Duff deserves so much more than to slum it in Ireland. :(

Not sure about any of these Cuadrado rumours. They seem like the kind of 'wishful thinking' transfers than anything concrete. Even if Italian clubs are interested, I don't think Chelsea will bail on him until he's been here at least a year (no matter how terrible he may have been thus far).

Personally, I'm not especially bothered what he does. But if he goes, we'd need to bring someone in and I don't as yet see much in these Turan/Griezmann/etc. rumours.

Good lord, things are getting a bit tense over in Italy over this Mohammed Salah thing.

To summarise:

Last January, Salah went on loan from Chelsea to Fiorentina, where he did rather well. Fiorentina would like to extend this loan. Salah himself would not like to do this, having been a bit annoyed that the manager he got on with, Vincenzo Montella, was sacked last month and replaced with Paulo Sousa.

To be fair I'd be upset to.

What the hell does Sousa know about football? <_<

• Like 2

Duff deserves so much more than to slum it in Ireland. :(

It's what Damien Duff wants to do though! He's made it known for a while even going so far as to say he doesn't care about money  he just wants to play in Ireland before he retires. It might be a good thing for Irish football for one of the bigger names the country has produced to come back and play here (even if he is 36). I mean, Stephen McPhail is already at Rovers and Liam Miller is playing for Cork City but that's not exactly the same thing.

Shamrock Rovers and Duff are both keeping quiet about the whole thing at the moment though.

Edited by TLHobo

Colin Healy plays for Cork City too!

Duff wants to play at home before he quits, good on him! He definitely doesn't need to anyway, he's apparently absolutely minted from some excellent property investments.