Summer Transfer Window Thread 2015

Rich

There literally isn't a good signing United can make though. If it's a world class player, we're paying too much, and if it's a relative unknown, he's shit.

I like signings like this. I hadn't watched Vidic play once, or Evra much at all before we signed those two. They turned out alright. 

• Like 2

To be honest isn't it the same with any somewhat obscure player. That clubs' fans will read his Wikipedia page and a couple of reviews, watch a couple of YouTube videos and decide he's probably going to get the next Messi. All football fans like to pretend they know more than they do

To be honest isn't it the same with any somewhat obscure player. That clubs' fans will read his Wikipedia page and a couple of reviews, watch a couple of YouTube videos and decide he's probably going to get the next Messi. All football fans like to pretend they know more than they do

If I've never seen someone play before, I'll gladly admit it. Isn't Darmian meant to be something like 13m? It's a risk worth taking. No bigger than Liverpool took on Moreno.

• Like 1

If I've never seen someone play before, I'll gladly admit it. Isn't Darmian meant to be something like 13m? It's a risk worth taking. No bigger than Liverpool took on Moreno.

Yeah,  I'm not saying everyone but there's definitely a lot of people that do that. I include Leeds fans in that, I look on WACCOE and see that we're linked with player x (who may be a championship player, a premier league u21 player, a league one player or someone from a foreign league) and you can guarantee that there'll be a handful of smart arses (invariably the same ones) that "know" everything about that player on the basis that they've googled him.

• Like 1

I once saw Stanley Matthews beat 12 players to score a goal 

Back in your day :P 

Cabaye looks like he might be going to Crystal Palace after they've agreed a fee with PSG for £12.8mil 

• Like 1

My initial reaction was "I wouldn't have thought Palace were the type for that kind of transfer"...but then remembered the new TV deal. I guess they can all do that. :shifty: 

Thing is, all the selling clubs know that too. I suspect part of the reason why some clubs have not yet had a lot of activity (particularly the top four) is because the market has not yet settled on what is an acceptable amount to demand/pay for big European transfers.

I like that it allows the teams who are lower down in the table to take a punt on people they normally couldn't go after. 

I mean Stoke have been linked with Shaqiri, Palace going after Cabaye. 

• Like 1

Seems like a great signing, we've really needed to address our defence, and this is now our third defensive signing. You have to assume he'll partner Vertonghen at centre back next season, but we'll see what happens. Still surprised we didn't go for him last season when he was available on loan. Now we need to buy a defensive midfielder who can actually give them half decent protection. Would like to see us buy that and a striker, and I wouldn't be surprised if that was us done. I think Pritchard will come in and provide back-up for both Chadli and Eriksen. 

Also, 

DEAL DONE: Ángelo Henríquez's loan from Manchester United to Dinamo Zagreb has been made a permanent move. (Source: )

Tobes is a fantastic signing for Spurs. He was brilliant for Southampton last year alongside Fonte, they'll definitely miss him. He can play right back too which is a huge plus.

Cabaye to Palace is a funny one. He's a quality player but I think they've overpaid for him given his age and his lack of playing since moving. I said PSG was the wrong move for him at the time and it turns out it was. That handsome bastard deserves better than Pardew and Palace!

To be fair, United go for him; "Who? Rubbish! When have you even seen him play?"

Liverpool go for him; "Bargain lads. It's our year etc etc."

I honestly know nothing about Darmian outside of FM and knowing that he's highly thought of in Italy. He definitely can't be worse than what we have.

Tbf I've seen United fans be like "We are getting Clyne, he'll be a great signing" to "he's not even that good".

• Like 1

Hah, there are  welcome to United ones for Clyne too from different channels.

This is a thing people do apparently.

Also: Raheem Sterling called in sick and didn't turn up to training with Liverpool today. So I guess he might be going on strike.

Edited by TLHobo

I suppose it's the next level of escalation up from the overblown, utterly needless 'Welcome to' and starting line up social media graphics.

By the end of next season, Man City will be projecting the faces of their new signings onto the face of the Moon.