Summer Transfer Window Thread 2015

Rich

There's an electronic billboard just off the M6 for the new Villa kit and Delph has already been cut out of it and the caption changed to 'Loyalty'.

Which is slightly ironic since it still features Benteke.

Nah, massive difference. I don't like Liverpool but I wish Benteke all the best in his own career.

Delph I hope rots on the bench, and loses his England career. He's a lying snake. It's all about the false statement a week ago. Had he just left a week ago, he'd have got nowhere near this level of hate from people. And tbh, none from me at all.

• Like 11

Spot on. It's not that he's left, it's that he's left seven days after saying that he was looking forward to leading Villa this season. Benteke I hope continues to being a truly world class player. I wish it wasn't at Liverpool, but otherwise I have no real issue with him leaving.

• Like 1

Liverpool haven sent their team doctor back to England to conduct a medical for Christian Benteke.

The deal is structured so that Liverpool will pay just 16 million upfront and the rest in instalments.