lol, FIFA

I am shocked that there are human rights concerns about a country with a sketchy record when it comes to human rights. 

SHOCKED I SAY!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

More specifically,

Sources close to the investigation said undeclared bonus payments running to millions of dollars had been paid between 2008 and 2014 under an arrangement known only to a small number of people.

According to insiders, the former Fifa president Sepp Blatter and Valcke were aware of the payments.

Sources said the payments came to light at the end of last week during an internal probe by the US law firm Quinn Emmanuel as a result of an ongoing trawl of millions of documents.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/23/markus-kattner-fifa-deputy-secretary-general-fired-bonus-payments

• 2 weeks later...

So apparently according to a German newspaper, Infantino may receive a 90 day suspension by the Audit Committee for trying to destroy records of of Council meetings held last month during the Mexico City Congress. A separate German newspaper reported last week that they saw documents that show Infantino trying to oust Domenico Scala from his position as the chairman of the Audit & Compliance Committee.

The Screamer has more details on it. Scala resigned before the rule change that would have allowed Infantino to fire him.

I read this morning some statement from someone saying that the audio file he destroyed apparently was just put in the wrong storage place and wasn't the original, which still exists and is stored correctly.

I'm hoping this thing today that's come out is the actual final nail, legally, in Blatter's coffin.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin

Sepp Blatter, the disgraced former Fifa president, has claimed he witnessed the fixing of a draw for a European football competition.

Blatter, in an interview with Argentinian newspaper La Nacion, did not elaborate on which competition he believed was rigged, but said he had seen a practice whereby the balls containing team names were cooled to make their identification possible when being picked out.

Blatter said only one team had benefitted from such a practice and he distanced himself and Fifa from any involvement, instead suggesting that it had happened not on Fifa’s patch, but under European governing body Uefa’s jurisdiction.

Asked specifically by La Nacion about the draw for the 2014 World Cup in Brazil, which was favourable for Argentina, Blatter said: “The draw was clean down to the last detail. I never touched the balls, something that others did.

“Of course it’s possible that they can be signalled, by heating or cooling them. It doesn’t happen in Fifa, but I’ve witnessed draws at European level where it has happened, but never in Fifa.

“Of course it can be done, but it never happened under my watch, never.”

Blatter explained how a ‘blind’ draw could be fixed, saying, “Balls are put in the freezer before the draw, at the slightest touch you can tell if the balls are hot or cold.

“By touching them you know exactly what you have.”

The Swiss, who turned 80 in March this year, is currently serving a six-year ban from all football-related activity. He is appealing the sanctions through the court of arbitration for sport.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Admin

Fifa's former secretary-general Jerome Valcke has had his ban from all football-related activity cut from 12 to 10 years on appeal. The appeals panel ruled that "mitigating factors had not been fully assessed" by the original hearing in regard to the sale of Caribbean TV rights to Fifa events.

• 2 weeks later...