lol, FIFA

I don't mind them expanding the world cup. I mean they added more teams to the World Cup in 98 to make it 32 but a group stage of 3 teams is just utter shite.  

They can try and say they are doing it so smaller countries get a chance to play in the World Cup but it's clearly to do with the extra money. It's just change for the sake of change...it comes across to me as someone going into a new job and implementing something just because he's now in charge even if there was nothing wrong with what was in place before.  

I've just seen on FB that having groups of three could lead to a similar situation to that which happened in 1982 involving West Germany, Austria and Algeria.

*slow clap for FIFA*

3 minutes ago, DFF said:

I've just seen on FB that having groups of three could lead to a similar situation to that which happened in 1982 involving West Germany, Austria and Algeria.

*slow clap for FIFA*

There's a simple solution...

Triple threat match.

Just now, Troy Saint said:

There's a simple solution...

Triple threat match.

MULTI BALL OVERTIME!

24 minutes ago, DFF said:

*slow clap for FIFA*

In a, I think Spanish, newspaper they reported the result of the match in the crime section. Algerian fans were waving banknotes at the players.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lineker said:

It'll be even more funny when England don't manage to qualify now.

We'll qualify. Then get edged into 3rd place in Group F by South Sudan and Vatican City.

56 minutes ago, DFF said:

*slow clap for FIFA*

Which is the exact reason they moved to four team groups from 1986 onwards. :facepalm:

• Like 4

I think with the right paperwork and a few brown envelopes, we can cede as a board from our respective nations and form a team.

Dibs on the no-nonsense holding midfielder role.

40 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

I hope the extra money FIFA received for this will help subsidise the consequent increase in the amount of money people will now have to pay to complete their Panini sticker albums.

Oh god yeah those awful double player stickers are gonna be the norm now :( 

1 hour ago, MDK said:

FA Cup style knockout

1 hour ago, The Colly and the Ivy said:

I wish they'd just gone straight to 64.

See I'd love that.  Either stick with seeding and splitting the teams into two brackets of 32 or just go fuck it, you can draw anyone at any time. Germany vs Spain in the very first round. 

• Like 1