Tennis!

sahyder1

I definitely agree with you on Murray. Most of the bandwagon fans will never respect him unless he wins Wimbledon and, even if he did, he'd still get plenty of flak if he didn't then go on to win it every single year after that. It's a shame because, during the twilight years of the careers of both Henman and Rusedski, most British tennis fans would have killed to have another player in the top 50, let alone a top-5 player who's reached three Grand Slam finals and won several Masters Series events. I'm sure those same critics would suddenly become his biggest fans if he won a Slam, only to turn on him once again the next time he lost in a major tournament.

Sir, are you suggested that the British media is somewhat fickle? :o Perish the thought!

I would never suggest that our fine, upstanding journalists and fans would ever unduly criticise that tantrum-throwing, English-hating, baby-eating mongrel Murray. After all, the pure, mild-mannered Englishman, Tim Henman, was treated so much better.

• 1 month later...

I'm picking Djokovic and Serena to win.

Murray will either lose in the QF or SF after not dropping a set in any of his previous matches. I'd be pleased with anyone other than Serena, Sharapova or Nadal winning the titles, but would be happiest seeing Fed win #17 and Wozniacki finally abandon the label as an overrated choker.

Yeah I definitely didn't expect this to start on time. I have a feeling this is where Federer wins number 17, and possibly his final major title.

Also when searching for Novak on Google, you get this is under the link for his Wikipedia article.

Novak "Is Wayne Brady Gonna Have To" Djokovic is a Serbian professional tennis player who is ranked the World No. 1 by the Association of Tennis

Good start for the Brits, Laura Robson is through to the second round after her Japanese opponent Ayumi Morita retired. She was a set up when Morita retired from a shoulder injury at 1-0 in the second. 7-6 (7-4) 1-0

I take back what I said about wanting to see Woz win here. I don't think she'll get far because she's falling in love with Carrot Top Jr. Distractions like that generally don't end with mentally fragile players winning trophies for the first time.

I take back what I said about wanting to see Woz win here. I don't think she'll get far because she's falling in love with Carrot Top Jr. Distractions like that generally don't end with mentally fragile players winning trophies for the first time.

Someone just needs to move her matches to New Haven, and she'll be fine. :shifty:

Someone just needs to move her matches to New Haven, and she'll be fine. :shifty:

I know you're being sarcastic, but it really is ridiculous that she's even played New Haven the last 2 years.

She's undefeated there because the other top players don't bother wasting energy the days before a GS event. If Wozniacki wasn't all about points chasing and cashing checks, she'd probably have more significant victories. She's just like Jankovic and Safina, aka the other 2 "#1's" who never won a Slam. At least Ivanovic won her 1 title and cashed in on millions in endorsements before pissing away her career.