Tennis!

sahyder1

Nice gigantic cold sore on Wozniacki's lip today. I wonder if that's a present from Rory :shifty:

On a more serious note, today was a great indicator of why Murray will never win a GS title. Wozniacki's in that boat too simply because of her powder puff serve. She's like a slightly taller, but less talented Hingis and that window shut with Martina back in 1999.

Britain's Oliver Golding won the US Open boys' title with victory over junior world number one Jiri Vesely.

The 18-year-old from London came from a set down to triumph 5-7 6-3 6-4 against top seed Vesely of the Czech Republic.

It is the first time a British player has lifted a boys' Grand Slam title since Andy Murray won at Flushing Meadows in 2004.

It's the first time in a good few years we've had some good young players coming through, Britain had 3-of-the-4 semi-finalists in the Boys tournament. Hopefully they'll progress on to the main tour soon and take a bit of pressure off Murray!

This is some of the greatest stuff I have ever watched, truly the two best players at this time going toe to toe and what a contest. However, due to work, I have to end it at 2-1 Nadal in the second set. That said, I'm glad to get away from hearing those members of the crowd who seem to be of the belief that the US Open final is about who can shout the most comments after being told to shut up by the umpire.