Tennis!

sahyder1

• 1 month later...

Murray played very well as he's done since the end of last year really, he's probably playing the best tennis of his career at the moment. A few too many uncharacteristic mistakes from Djoko it has to be said but a great win from Murray nevertheless. Federer or Del Potro in the final next.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Admin
Novak Djokovic described the Madrid Open's blue clay courts as "impossible" after beating Daniel Gimeno-Traver 6-2 2-6 6-3 in the first round.

"To me that's not tennis. Either I come out with football shoes or I invite Chuck Norris to advise me how to play on this court," said the Serb.

Djokovic's criticism follows Rafael Nadal's doubts about the clay installed by tournament consultant Ion Tiriac.

Women's number one Victoria Azarenka also struggled in victory.

Djokovic had lost his only previous clay-court encounter with Gimeno-Traver in 2006 and rarely looked 136 ranking places better than his opponent.

He stuttered badly in the second set, suffering consecutive breaks of serve, before reasserting control in the decider.

"I hit five balls throughout the whole match. With everything else, I was just trying to keep the ball in the court," he added.

"When you slide on the red clay you have a feeling you can stop and recover from that step. But here, whatever you do, you are always slipping.

"Not a single player - not woman, not man - I didn't hear anyone say 'I like blue clay'."

:lol:

• 5 weeks later...