Tennis!

sahyder1

To be fair to Nalbandian, you'd expect an advertising board to be fixed into place, especially considering the same thing could have happened had he slid into it.

It's a small bit of wood, he could hardly argue he expected it to take a Ketsbaia style hoofing. The fact its inches from the guy anyway and he's not far off just kicking him anyway doesn't help.

• Like 1

• Admin
Andy Murray will face Nikolay Davydenko in Wimbledon's first round on Tuesday.

Murray has beaten the Russian, 31, ranked 47 in the world, in five of their previous nine meetings.

Fourth seed Murray is in the same half of the draw as French Open champion Rafael Nadal, who beat the Briton in the last two Wimbledon semi-finals.

Top seed Novak Djokovic faces former world number one Juan Carlos Ferrero in the first round and could meet Roger Federer in the last four.

It is the eighth time that six-time winner Federer, who faces Albert Ramos in his opening match, has been drawn in Djokovic's half of the draw.

Women's top seed Maria Sharapova is drawn against Anastasia Rodionova and last year's women's champion Petra Kvitova faces world number 96 Akgul Amanmuradova from Uzbekistan.

British number one Anne Keothavong will face world number 100 Laura Pous-Tio, Elena Baltacha faces Italy's world number 109 Karin Knapp and Heather Watson goes up against Iveta Benesova, who is ranked 52nd.

Laura Robson starts her tournament against 2010 French Open winner Francesca Schiavone, while wildcard Johanna Konta faces America's Christina McHale and Naomi Broady takes on Spain's Lourdes Dominguez Lino.

British number two James Ward plays Pablo Andujar, who is the world number 36, and Jamie Baker comes up against American Andy Roddick, who has lost three Wimbledon finals.

Josh Goodall, ranked 220 in the world, comes up against Slovenian world number 119 Grega Zemlja.

Fellow British wildcard Oliver Golding, who is 485th in the world, faces Russian Igor Andreev, ranked 92nd.

Following his default in the Queen's final, David Nalbandian starts his Wimbledon campaign against Serbian world number eight Janko Tipsarevic.

Another eye-catching first-round match is the meeting between Frenchman Jo-Wilfried Tsonga , who reached last year's semi-finals, and 2002 winner Lleyton Hewitt.

Murray and Davydenko have never met on grass before and the Russian won their only previous meeting at a Grand Slam tournament, knocking the 25-year-old out of the US Open in 2006.

Davydenko, who has never got beyond the fourth round at Wimbledon, finished in the top five of the world rankings for four years running up to 2008, reaching third in 2006, but has struggled with injuries in recent years.

The draw in full can be found on the Wimbledon website. The main withdrawal so far has been Gaël Monfils, who has an injured right knee. The men's wild cards this year consist of Jamie Baker (GBR), David Goffin (BEL), Oliver Golding (GBR), Joshua Goodall (GBR), Tommy Haas (GER), Lleyton Hewitt (AUS), James Ward (GBR), and Grega Žemlja (SVN); while the ladies wild cards are made uo of Ashleigh Barty (AUS), Naomi Brady (GBR), Johanna Konta (GBR), Melanie Oudin (USA), Virginie Razzano (FRA), Laura Robson (GBR), and Yaroslava Shvedova (KAZ).

....come on Muzza?

Didn't realise Matosevic was ranked high enough to get in without qualifying. For the Aussies, Tomic's the only real chance to get past the 2nd round in the men's and Stosur and Gajdosova are set to meet in the 4th if either of them make it that far in, with Rodionova and Dellacqua playing top 10 seeds in the 1st. Essentially, we might not get anyone through to week 2 this year (N)

My tip for the men's - Djokovic

Women's - Azarenka

Venus was unseeded so could of faced any of the top players, she managed to avoid them and drew Vesnina, which should be a good match. If she wins that she'll likely have Radwanska in the second round though, could be a short tournament for Venus :crying:

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

Yeah he won the ATP Finals tournament a few years ago, I think that's a tough opponent for a first round. Hopefully Murray comes through untroubled.

I'll be happy if he makes the semis again and delighted if he can go a stage further. From the Women's there's about 5-6 I'd like to see win it, but as long as the Williams sisters are nowhere near again I'll be content.

I much prefer the women at the moment (yes ha ha, I get it), just because they are all at a very similar level at the top and it's not just three people dominating it. I would sort of like to see a little bit more consistency from like, a solid top 6-7, because right now if you get in to a lucky final then you tend to shoot up the table rather abruptly. I mean, realistically, Sharapova, Azarenka, Kvitova and Stosur are probably the top four in the world right now (how Radwanska is 3rd in the world baffles me), but you don't often see them up the top all the time.