Tennis!

sahyder1

I'm glad you mentioned Kuznetsova, I really thought she was going to push on and become a long-standing top player but for some reason it just never came together after she burst on the scene and won the US Open all those years ago now. Save for the French when she saw off serial bottle-job Dinara Safina, I think her capacity to go backwards has been astounding. It's true that the women's game is struggling for top quality right now but I much prefer it being competitive and having any one of 5-6 competitors looking like possible tournament winners rather than when the Williams sisters just battered everyone in front of them when they bothered to show up for events.

Kuznetsova reminds me of Marat Safin. All the talent in the world, but the mental game escaped them and they ended up being "disappointments" despite winning 2 Slams each. It amazes me how so many Russian female players were top 10 in terms of ranks and/or talent and yet between them they have managed fewer slams than someone like Henin by herself.

Murray is choking once again.

He did extremely well in that tiebreak, that was a monstrous set and Murray has done really well to stay on pace with Djokovic so far. He's two sets to one up, it's a great position even though he's just gone a break down at the start of the 4th.

I don't watch tennis, but just happened to be flicking through the channels and caught the final two games of the match. So, quite efficiently, I've spent roughly five minutes of my time watching Murray lose and have thereby fulfilled my British viewing requirements for the year.

What a match this morning, Murray played probably the best I've ever seen him play and still lost, that's how high the quality is at the top of the men's game at the moment. I fancy Djoko in the final and I can see him winning everything again this year, even the French. As for Murray I see him building on his recent good form, making at least the semi's of all the majors again and 1 maybe 2 finals. The US will be his best chance and maybe Wimbledon.

Yeah, I think I already posted it in here but I can't watch women's tennis because of it. I wish there was an option to mute the court noise or at least to dull it. I like the crowd noise and commentary but the screaming is just insane.

Just me that isn't bothered by it then? Azarenka and Sharapova are the worst on the tour for it as far as I've seen and I didn't watch the final this morning, but every other match featuring them (or any screamer) now I just don't even notice it after about 5 minutes of play.

I've watched tennis for years now and the noise still requires getting used to in a match. Complaints about it are so common that I'm surprised the WTA hasn't made an effort to ban it as I'm sure there's some way to mess with the rules to do just that.

The thing that doesn't make sense is that all of the screaming IS against the rules already, yet it's never enforced. On a separate note, I'm glad that Azarenka pistol whipped Sharapova. I'm tired of hearing about a shoulder injury that wasn't that serious and happened 3+ years ago.