South Park

Mick

I seriously doubt that was Comedy Central doing the censoring. The bit at the end when Stan did his little speech was definitely bleeped as a joke, plus the whole bit with Tom Cruise getting censored...seems like they were told they couldn't show Muhammad and decided to turn it into part of the gag.

You did not realy pay atention, did you?! They had to censore muhamed in the original muhamed episode (wich also was forced upon them) - thats what the Tom Cruise storyline build up to, he wanted the protection of fear that muhamed has. They did not edit this into this episode becaus muhameds name got bleebed, it was just another rehash of an old episode.

The bleeping was a new thing as a response to the thread. CC edited it on their own before airing the Episode... how were Matt and Trey suposed to ad extra bleebs before CC just aired it?! Why is the episode not online without delay? Why was there muhamed spelled out last week?! :rolleyes:

I figure that there was some comment on why they had to censore muhamed and why it is silly in the final speach... somewhat of a frindly but direct atack towards the people the chanel is afraid of. Thats why everything got axed.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

I seriously doubt that was Comedy Central doing the censoring. The bit at the end when Stan did his little speech was definitely bleeped as a joke, plus the whole bit with Tom Cruise getting censored...seems like they were told they couldn't show Muhammad and decided to turn it into part of the gag.

Ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding.

Thoroughly enjoyed this episode more than last week's. And Maxx, put yo' shit in spoilers.

The topic title warns of spoilers

I thought they were going to sing their way to Imaginationland at the end. :(

So did I. What was the ending in refrence too?

The free Willzyx episode. (Season 9 Episode 13)

Ah yeah, now i get it. Still, reckon having the Imagination Land geezer come back and take Tom Cruise there would have been funnier.

Religion is such a pain in the arse, in a better world, it wouldn't exist. End of.

Anyway, good episode, the bleeping of mohammed did annoy me a bit, but aside from that, good stuff.

Agreed on the religion bit.

And well, the Muhammad stuff was just annoying to begin with anyway. It's like, you already been there several times. People got riled up. Need to go there again?

• Like 2

I thought they were going to sing their way to Imaginationland at the end. :(

So did I. What was the ending in refrence too?

The free Willzyx episode. (Season 9 Episode 13)

Ah yeah, now i get it. Still, reckon having the Imagination Land geezer come back and take Tom Cruise there would have been funnier.

I´ed strongly dislike Tom Cruise in my imagination. <_<

"In the 14 years we've been doing South Park we have never done a show that we couldn't stand behind. We delivered our version of the show to Comedy Central and they made a determination to alter the episode. It wasn't some meta-joke on our part. Comedy Central added the bleeps. In fact, Kyle's customary final speech was about intimidation and fear. It didn't mention Muhammad at all but it got bleeped too. We'll be back next week with a whole new show about something completely different and we'll see what happens to it."

From Matt & Trey.

For the first 10-15 minutes of The Daily Show Jon Stewart talked about this, culminating in a song of "Go Fuck Yourself" directed at Revolution Muslim. Should be online soon, it was really good.

"In the 14 years we've been doing South Park we have never done a show that we couldn't stand behind. We delivered our version of the show to Comedy Central and they made a determination to alter the episode. It wasn't some meta-joke on our part. Comedy Central added the bleeps. In fact, Kyle's customary final speech was about intimidation and fear. It didn't mention Muhammad at all but it got bleeped too. We'll be back next week with a whole new show about something completely different and we'll see what happens to it."

From Matt & Trey.

Hate to say i toled you so. It was 100% obvius that they did not do this.

• Like 1