South Park

Mick

I've seen the suggestion that the 'movies' will just be Imaginationland type feature lengths so they're just effectively upping their output to about 150% if they're currently doing 10 episodes a year, since they'd be doing two movies a year at that rate.

I'd question if the idea of a feature length holds as much value at this point given that the show shifted to the seralised format. My frame of reference might be a little off since I've not properly watched the show in a few years but I've seen bits and pieces of when the Marshes were running the weed farm and, whilst maybe not as hyper focused as earlier stuff like Cartoon Wars or that stretch with the kids picking sides between the PS4/Xbox One, it still has that broader story arc going on. Is there much point to effectively do a 3/4 episode mini series as a 'movie' when you're already doing one over 10 episodes anyway? I guess they have ideas that don't necessarily pad out over that length and would better suit a shorter run.

15 minutes ago, Colly said:

Baseketball 2?!?

The movies are Paramount+ exclusives

• 4 months later...

Just got done watching it and good lord, it was so great

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Lineker said:

There's a whole bunch of those. They're fantastic. 

They really are, but they are short!  Maybe they are holding back the full videos for something

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone catch the season 25 premiere Pajama Day? I thought it was a good episode but I am ashamed of myself for how long it took me to realise what it was actually about. Seems like they might be going back to the old South Park where each episode is a self contained story rather than the season being one long story arc.

59 minutes ago, RazorsEdge said:

Did anyone catch the season 25 premiere Pajama Day? I thought it was a good episode but I am ashamed of myself for how long it took me to realise what it was actually about. Seems like they might be going back to the old South Park where each episode is a self contained story rather than the season being one long story arc.

I think they ended doing that a while back after the whole Clinton/Trump caused things to go to shit, the series story arc still happen they just became a background thing after that rather than a full focus.

19 hours ago, RazorsEdge said:

I did.  It was ok I thought.  I was just hoping that, following the Post Covid special, we'd be done with the Covid episodes

• 3 weeks later...