The Daredevil Thread **SPOILERS**

Benji

Just finished Season 2

Spoiler

Just finished this season and I loved so much of it. I agree with most people that the portrayal of The Hand was pretty lackluster but Season 2 mostly felt like a set up to bigger things to come. It introduced The Punisher, and if he wasn't already one of my favourite superheroes (second only to Batman), Berenthal's performance would have really made me a fan. I loved Thomas Jane's version and think he could have done well with this edgier Punisher, but Berenthal really brought it to life. Some people I've read has said that too much went on in this season and they lost track, but I don't really agree with it at all. 

• Like 1

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The worst part of The Hand is they're so crammed into a trope I can't find a name for.

In the first few episodes feat. The Hand, one sole ninja is a believable killer. A deadly assassin to be feared. One Ninja could end Elektra, Daredevil, probably anyone he wanted. By the end, they're all cannon fodder because Daredevil's just gotten THAT good. And the only thing he changed - he listened

harder.

Edited by I Diem
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, I Diem said:

The worst part of The Hand is they're so crammed into a trope I can't find a name for.

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Not harder. Differently. He changed what he was listening for. Not that I disagree with you because it's typical "Ninja" trope. At least they didn't all rush in one at a time on this show.

7 hours ago, I Diem said:

Hide contents

In the first few episodes feat. The Hand, one sole ninja is a believable killer. A deadly assassin to be feared. One Ninja could end Elektra, Daredevil, probably anyone he wanted. By the end, they're all cannon fodder because Daredevil's just gotten THAT good. And the only thing he changed - he listened

harder.

It's kind of "Villain Decay" I guess, but without the comedic elements. I'm sure there's a better trope though.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...