The Daredevil Thread **SPOILERS**

Benji

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched up until S02E08 (and the first ten minutes of E09), this has been phenomenal.

Spoiler

FISK! And he's going to try and buy Castle! And William fucking Forsythe! I love how many Boardwalk Empire alumni are in this show.

Can't wait to see what Stick is going to do, and does he just follow them around until they're in too much trouble or something? Really good timing there, old dude.

Also I really hate where Elektra has gone as a character. Suddenly she's a whatever of Stick and then she fell in love with Matt, but oh, she's a ruthless killer? How bloody boring, when her arc has been incredible so far.

Also can people please tell what they're spoiling in their posts? Just putting a spoiler will likely lead to people clicking and getting stuff spoiled for them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Benji said:

S2 E5

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Boo you Benji, Elektra is awesome! She's a lot more of an interesting character in this world, up until a certain episode I stop thinking so.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Benji said:

S2 E9 (again)

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

The fight scene in the prison? It was brutal, yet one of the best action scenes so far.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Benji said:

Not specific episode related but...

Hide contents

Anyone else feel like there's a real lack of Foggy this season? He's appeared, but he doesn't feel very involved.

I disagree.  I think he was more involved then season 1, and was a great part of season 2

Eurgh, did not like the finale.

Spoiler

The Hand felt like such an odd entity in this season. I hated their entire presence, and them being the final baddies just doesn't make sense, when we spent so much time on the Punisher and even Elektra's backstory. I honestly thought Stick would be the final boss of season 2, but he only shows up for one decapitation (and basically the final win? So weird, that should definitely have gone to the Punisher). I find it hilarious that Castle apparently used spray paint to make his T-shirt (and also if he had spent less time trying to make his wardrobe cool he might have had more to do in the finale, and maybe killed a few more assassins). The ending really gave the sense that they weren't planning on completing any story here, as the Hand wasn't even defeated, they still got Elektra anyway! And there wasn't even a final Foggy / Matt scene for crying out loud. The last scene didn't hit for me the way it should have, as I'm still not that invested in Karen / Matt, but Karen's reaction should be interesting. Also, how many bloody times was her life in danger this season? 3, at least?

If this season had ended at episode 12, I would have been a lot more satisfied, I feel.

1 hour ago, Benkid Nada said:

Eurgh, did not like the finale.

Hide contents

The Hand felt like such an odd entity in this season. I hated their entire presence, and them being the final baddies just doesn't make sense, when we spent so much time on the Punisher and even Elektra's backstory. I honestly thought Stick would be the final boss of season 2, but he only shows up for one decapitation (and basically the final win? So weird, that should definitely have gone to the Punisher). I find it hilarious that Castle apparently used spray paint to make his T-shirt (and also if he had spent less time trying to make his wardrobe cool he might have had more to do in the finale, and maybe killed a few more assassins). The ending really gave the sense that they weren't planning on completing any story here, as the Hand wasn't even defeated, they still got Elektra anyway! And there wasn't even a final Foggy / Matt scene for crying out loud. The last scene didn't hit for me the way it should have, as I'm still not that invested in Karen / Matt, but Karen's reaction should be interesting. Also, how many bloody times was her life in danger this season? 3, at least?

If this season had ended at episode 12, I would have been a lot more satisfied, I feel.

How does it not make sense?  The Hand is a gigantic part of Elektra's backstory.  It would have been nonsensical for Stick to be the villain, Stick isn't a villain and was never portrayed as one.  Why should Punisher get the final kill?  He had no interaction with The Hand whatsoever prior to him showing up and sniping a few of them. and zero interaction with Nobu.  He felt out of place there, if anything.  That being said, Stick killing Nobu wasn't particularly satisfying either, as they hadn't had much interaction in either season.

As for not completing the story, obviously they haven't because they're planning on more seasons.  They had to wrap up the first one more neatly because they had no idea if they'd end up doing a season two.  The Hand are a huge part of Daredevil, they shouldn't be introduced and disposed of in one season, especially when you have the rest of Elektra's story to tell, which they're also heavily involved in.

For as great of a job as they did with Punisher, they missed a pretty crucial step in establishing when he decides to keep going as a vigilante after finally finishing his crusade against the people that killed his family.  Showing him collecting guns and painting a skull on his armor doesn't really make that point, so the jump from that to him showing up and helping at the end was weird.  I would have preferred he not show up at all at then end, and instead get a different epilogue where he takes down another gang in the middle of doing something terrible.  That being said, they had better do his own series or at least add him to the Defenders, they did way too good of a job to not run with it.

Great season, I felt it was an improvement over the first, far fewer episodes that dragged.  Hopefully Season 3 will finally bring in Bullseye. 

• Like 3