The Daredevil Thread **SPOILERS**

Benji

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we need the separate threads, especially given Agents of SHIELD's complete burial by Channel 4 making us so far behind from the US, plus the non-time restricted way the Netflix series are released.

Can't wait for S2 of Daredevil, hopefully Kingpin will be involved in some way.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
21 hours ago, Maxx said:

Such a great choice to cast Bernthal.  

I had my doubts with Bernthal playing The Punisher, but even from that trailer it was obvious that he brings a real weight to the role that goes further than just some anti-hero. Punisher as a whole needs to straddle the line between 'hero' and just mindless killer, and I think that Bernthal has just that look of craziness (as shown in TWD too) that he can pull that off perfectly where the viewer kinda is behind him, but then again isn't.

After all, as the viewer you need to be supporting Matt's 'justice' idea, that's why it's his series. And Punisher's 'kill them all, regardless of collateral' is something you kinda understand, but you can't condone because he's a madman on a mission to kill every crook regardless of who he brings down with them.

But yeah, that trailer has me hype for Daredevil, and I hope it can be just as good as the first series which had one of the best bad-guy's in the MCU.

I've never been so hyped for a show in all my life. I loved season one but this season introduces one of my favourite comic book characters of all time (Outside of Batman of course) and though I've never seen anything from the man playing him, that trailer was enough to make me think they've made the right choice with their casting.